Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune has given Ford Fiesta-ST-232 Bhp.

Jokes aside, I am okay to give up hp output for less carbon emission, as breathing better air is a good thing for everyone. So I do keep the cat on my car by choice. California is just so populated that the air just sucks, even with the current strict emission rules.
:poop:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Jokes aside, I am okay to give up hp output for less carbon emission, as breathing better air is a good thing for everyone. So I do keep the cat on my car by choice. California is just so populated that the air just sucks, even with the current strict emission rules.
Believe me when I say not as bad as when I was a kid. Lol They used to have smog alerts here in SoCal that pretty much kids had to stay home from school and were told not to go outside.
I grew up in the bay area and we would get smog alerts as well not as bad as SoCal i.e no staying home from school but enough to really make you aware.
We do not get those smog alerts anymore so if you think the air here is bad now oh boy. I remember going to Disneyland when I was 15 and my fricken lungs hurt.

So you all the guys going catless in the other states that poo poo us for Smog laws ? Well you can thank us later . if your not on a respirator because you did not think your were contributing to the overall problem.

jayrod1980

Your air sucks not because of modern cars with mods. Much of it is in a valley and cars make up less than 20% of air pollution. You even get lots of wonderful smog from China courtesy of the westerlies.

Born, raised, and spent 23 years of my life in SoCal.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Your air sucks not because of modern cars with mods. Much of it is in a valley and cars make up less than 20% of air pollution. You even get lots of wonderful smog from China courtesy of the westerlies.

Born, raised, and spent 23 years of my life in SoCal.
Really just really you believe the propaganda. You must smoke off the pipe of the state legislature from Fresno who has been trying to get carb to make vintage cars get smog tests with that claim so he can draw the attention away from the people he represent who pollute heavily into the air and ground water as well as waste ground water. lol

You do realize that there is less than 10% heavy polluting cars on the road now due to the states buy the car off you it does not pass smog program. The pollution is here in LA because of vehicles and also diesel particulates that were not regulated up till very recently. In fact the central valley has smog because all the diesel farm equipments and semi’s moving north south on the 5 and 99 were exempt until the the last 7 years or so.

I will say it again and I do not know how old you are but if you were in Socal in the 60’s and 70’s the air was much worse . Smog laws have helped clean up the air and having a cat on your car is a good thing towards keeping the air clean. If you value your childrens future or the future of humans you will realize that. If you are the typical selfish American of late you will say cats don’t matter I run catless.
You decide, I am not saying you are only in that camp , you can choose to put yourself in. Though do not delude yourself into thinking having cats does not help keep the air cleaner . Its not one thing but lots of things that add up and a Cat is part of that equation . Start removing parts of the equation and it screws the whole thing up in the long run.
Sorry but our time has past for being selfish. Its time to start taking responsibility for ones actions and working together.

Last edited:
Really just really you believe the propaganda. You must smoke off the pipe of the state legislature from Fresno who has been trying to get carb to make vintage cars get smog tests with that claim so he can draw the attention away from the people he represent who pollute heavily into the air and ground water as well as waste ground water. lol

You do realize that there is less than 10% heavy polluting cars on the road now due to the states buy the car off you it does not pass smog program. The pollution is here in LA because of vehicles and also diesel particulates that were not regulated up till very recently. In fact the central valley has smog because all the diesel farm equipments and semi’s moving north south on the 5 and 99 were exempt until the the last 7 years or so.

I will say it again and I do not know how old you are but if you were in Socal in the 60’s and 70’s the air was much worse . Smog laws have helped clean up the air and having a cat on your car is a good thing towards keeping the air clean. If you value your childrens future or the future of humans you will realize that. If you are the typical selfish American of late you will say cats don’t matter I run catless.
You decide, I am not saying you are only in that camp , you can choose to put yourself in. Though do not delude yourself into thinking having cats does not help keep the air cleaner . Its not one thing but lots of things that add up and a Cat is part of that equation . Start removing parts of the equation and it screws the whole thing up in the long run.
Sorry but our time has past for being selfish. Its time to start taking responsibility for ones actions and working together.
Could not agree with this more. I'm 41 now so don't have firsthand experience of the SF Valley / LA Basin smog first hand but I've heard many stories from people who were, and even when I was younger, driving up over Rocky Peak on the 118 and looking over the Valley you could certainly see the smog layer.

The people on car sites (I see it on the Tacoma Forum also) who act like CA just wants to regulate to put the screws to people are diluted and selfish. Almost half the states in this country (22 of them) have a total population LESS than just Los Angeles alone. And even in the dense urban area of LA, public transit is lacking. There are buses, and downtown has the subway, but they are limited in range / area and stops. This leads the vast majority of the population of the state to having our own vehicles, thus strict requirements are needed.

Also, it was CARB that aggressively pursued VW on their diesel scandal, which in turn led to the federal government administering penalties and sanctions.

So, while my car may not be 100% legal to the letter of the law, I still have completely stock exhaust and if I ever get a turbo, I will keep a catted DP.

jayrod1980

I’ll keep the cat no problem and don’t want to pollute just to pollute, but Cali CARB people are true believers. The ref rules and all that are ridiculous. Just the appearance of something different is illegal which is baloney!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I love the MP215. It changes the powerband in a very good way. Set it and forget it. The AP isn't even in the car.
Should have been the stock tune, but the planet IS getting hotter.
1598674772290.png

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have to agree with the smog problem we used to have. I came here in '85 from the UK and my eyes would sting like crazy from not being used to it. I too have a catted downpipe and am more than happy with the performance and I don't have to get smogged until 2022!

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I lived in LA in the early 80's, and the smog was so bad, that I'd be out and about all day and when I got home, I'd blow my nose and my snot was black! Might as well be smoking a pack a day!

I lived there again up until 2010, and it wasn't nearly as bad, even though there were more people and more cars on the road. Pollution controls are good, and I'll keep 'em.

I considered upgrading to something more like 230-250, then considered the fact that what I have now (Cobb stage 1 with cat back) gets little traction accelerating from a stop, and I don't know anyone I trust to replace the crappy open diff with a quaife. How are you higher hp guys getting it hooked up?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF they are still on the factory diff, (and maybe even with a limited slip as well) they are using very sticky 100 or 200 tread wear tires on the street (at least in the summer if they are in the colder climates). [wink]

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm just an old fart who's more than happy with the power I'm putting out. I'm running Stage 3 with a WaveTrak lsd and couldn't be happier. I'm perfectly content with the 190hp at the wheels for my fun. No point in having more except for bragging rights.