Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune MR265 Hybrid Turbo Kit Available for Pre-order (UK)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
8/7/2016 - Mountune Announcement on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Mountune/

Fiesta ST MR 265 upgrade available for pre-order today at FordFair!

Building on the highly-acclaimed MR230 upgrade, the MR265 takes power to another level through the addition of:

- Hybrid turbo-charger
- High-flow rear intake section
- Larger intercooler
- Revised calibration.

? Peak power: 265PS (261hp)

? Peak torque: 370Nm (272lb-ft)

mountune mr265 announcement.jpg

mountune mr265 kit.jpg

Nice! Looks like another hybrid option. Not sure if that big intercooler will work with the NA spec crash bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how long before we get the US version and I hope it's 2016 compatible

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #4
Nice! Looks like another hybrid option. Not sure if that big intercooler will work with the NA spec crash bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes...good point...I would think the MR265 (US / NA version) will offer a different designed IC than the upgraded IC that is currently being offered with the MR265 (UK version) kit...

dotpeek

Glad they're offering this, but if I'm not mistaken the MR stuff from Mountune voids the ford warranty right? Unless you would want to go with Mountune based off of name recognition I don't see why this is a better option over just going through Adam and grabbing an X37 and making more power, but then again this package does include the beefy intercooler. Or am I missing something? Although with no price announced its hard to have an opinion this early.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Glad they're offering this, but if I'm not mistaken the MR stuff from Mountune voids the ford warranty right? Unless you would want to go with Mountune based off of name recognition I don't see why this is a better option over just going through Adam and grabbing an X37 and making more power, but then again this package does include the beefy intercooler. Or am I missing something? Although with no price announced its hard to have an opinion this early.
In the UK you can buy the Ford vehicle and have the MOUNTUNE stuff included. MOUNTUNE has made some warranty help when they installs it. Their relationship with Ford makes their part mate perfectly this and their quality could make some jump onto a kit like this.

meFiSTo

I saw this pop up on my FB feed today. I was also wondering about that intercooler. I have the Mishimoto oil cooler and wonder if this setup would be compatible with that.

Rick did do a DIY setup with a big intercooler and an oil cooler up front, but replaced the stock crash beam with the DHM part, so a lot of custom plumbing, etc. Ruminating on this.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
On a side note...

I'm far more interested in seeing if Mountune USA will be offering just the Hybrid Turbo (along with elbow) in the near future....

mountune hybrid turbo.jpg

meFiSTo

Well, looks like it'll almost certainly be available in the U.S.

This is the response I got when I asked about U.S. availability:

The "like" on my question is from Mountune. Hah.

Combine the affirmative response with the comments in the Verena Mei video chat and it looks like something will land for sure in the U.S. Interested to see what all the bits look like.

It won't be cheap. I'm a mountune guy though, so if I opt for a major bolt-on upgrade, it'll probably tilt this way.

Combine the affirmative response with the comments in the Verena Mei video chat and it looks like something will land for sure in the U.S. Interested to see what all the bits look like.

It won't be cheap. I'm a mountune guy though, so if I opt for a major bolt-on upgrade, it'll probably tilt this way.
Oh wow- I was there that day she made that video! I was getting stuff done on my car. Didn't figure out who she was until after my car was ready and after chatting with Tyler@Mountune. Her car's outfitted with the turbo that they're testing. Also, the mountune exhaust sounded pretty nice.

EDIT: my bad- video was done a day earlier, I was there on the 5th when I ran into her at Mountune when she did the Focus RS video.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #12

thanks for posting the video...I see in the video where Randy mentions they had the shop Fiesta ST (with the mountune turbo upgrade) that dyno'd @ 275whp on ACN91 ...impressive!

I should take a trip over there soon to check out the new shop...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
She (Verena) campaigns a G5 FiST in the Rally America series?!?!

Guess who's gonna be at all the events he can possibly get to next year, if that's the case?!

She is a JOY and then some, and 'lights up' the whole place when she is around!!

Oh to be able to be ~35 years younger, charming, good looking, and wealthy/successful/talented, so that I'd at least have a chance with her, or someone just like her! :(

meFiSTo

thanks for posting the video...I see in the video where Randy mentions they had the shop Fiesta ST (with the mountune turbo upgrade) that dyno'd @ 275whp on ACN91 ...impressive!

I should take a trip over there soon to check out the new shop...

Actually I found that video in the *other* thread in this sub-forum that touches on this same topic. So, credit to [MENTION=3495]NJBooST[/MENTION] for finding it.

meFiSTo

Also just confirmed by Randy Robles in an email that we can expect some kind of OTS package in the U.S.:

Randy Robles email said:
There will be a version available, yes. :)

Randy Robles

Calibrator

Mountune, LLC. (USA)

1000 E. Carson St.

Carson, CA 90745

mountuneusa.com

Ph. 714.424.9400

JasonHaven

My future turbo decisions grow tougher by the day. I like the idea of a hybrid coming from a reputable company like Mountune (not that others aren't, I just don't know of their brands as well)

after a couple of years of rumors I did get tired of waiting, but I am glad for those still deciding what to do. that said I am disappointed how bad there existing fmic doesn't work. and to reinforce that finding I notice they have a different fmic for the turbo upgrade. hmm, bob

meFiSTo

I got a ping back from Mountune LLC on a FB question I sent to them. It suggested that there are two paths here for Mountune-developed high-performance turbo kits:

I told them that I'm very interested in learning about both.

The first project mentioned in the FB message is the U.S. version of the MR265 hybrid turbo kit. The project that is being benchmarked in the Verena Mei Fiesta ST (and discussed in the video) is the "big turbo kit" mentioned at the end of the message.