Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Quick shift install

HWB

2016 Fiesta ST
Mountun quick shift has instructions for install that will work if you use your imagination some.
Here is what I found on install today.
The bolt that comes up from the bottem has a slot in it at the end (Good Idea) You can get a very skinny flat head screw driver in top of hole and turn left and screw bolt all way up to bottom out.
I have a very small rachet about 4.5 long total that holds 1/4 screw driver bits all big box hard ware stores have them, I used a cut short allen wrench on the rachet and tightened the bolt the rest of the way.
The 2 set screws on the side I used a Long arm Ball type allen wrench.

When you are removing the old ball stud off the factory shift arm make sure you use a 15/16 socket on top and turn it counter clock wise while you hold the nut on the tube with a 15/16 open end.

Took me about 45 min to install. Works great shifting just feels better now and not as long a through to get into gear

Hope this helps someone out

HWB [rockon]

OP
H

HWB

Thread Starter #3
Turbo65, I did not have to remove battery. Remove intake tube and air box as instruction suggested. Run the bolt all the way up before you install to make sure threads are ok. You can text me today 770-547-3255. I can shot you a pic of ratchet I used. HWB. Jay