Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune short and long blocks

Mountune is an interesting company because I’d love to actually buy a long block from them for a rainy day. But I’ve never seen anyone actually put one of their engines in and come back as a success story. And this includes the Facebook groups, in all seriousness they really don’t address the block issues because a a CSS is only going to get you so far. So has anyone actually ran one of their engines?
i know of 3 guys with long blocks on order but Mountune keeps pushing production back. It’s really sad that we don’t have a good aftermarket engine option. Adam at tune plus is the best we got but he’s not doing full production, although i did a get a quote for a short block

I am also interested in this. I was intending on buying a Mountune shortblock this winter to be put in before next summer so I can push the limits of the S280 on E85. So I shouldn't do this? I haven't heard anything about the Mountune blocks so I'm not sure what complaints are out there but I would love to hear from someone with experience what a person should be doing to get a forged motor.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If we had a crazy enough FiST fanatic, with unlimited boatloads of coin, they could commission an all-out BILLET block to be custom built.

But that person does not exist, anywhere, it seems.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mountune is an interesting company because I’d love to actually buy a long block from them for a rainy day. But I’ve never seen anyone actually put one of their engines in and come back as a success story. And this includes the Facebook groups, in all seriousness they really don’t address the block issues because a a CSS is only going to get you so far. So has anyone actually ran one of their engines?
i know of 3 guys with long blocks on order but Mountune keeps pushing production back. It’s really sad that we don’t have a good aftermarket engine option. Adam at tune plus is the best we got but he’s not doing full production, although i did a get a quote for a short block
How much FOR THE SHORTY?

I wonder if Adam ever got the 1.5L to work?

there was a video he posted, IDK like a year ago showing that the 1.5 and 1.6 were basically the same block, just the 1.5 didn't have the slot between the pistons, hopefully fixing that issue...last I heard he was building a 1.5 with 1.6 internals, but I haven't seen any more on that since.

If it works that would be a GREAT inexpensive option for our cars.

OP
Gogoggansgo
Thread Starter #9