Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune vs cp-e RMM

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Ok, apologies in advance if this has already been beat to death, but the search engine ignores short terms like "rmm" and "cp-e".

Anyhow, at ~40k, it feels like my Mountune RMM is getting worn out. The cp-e mount intrigues me. Should I go for the cp-3 or get another Mountune (everything wears out eventually, right)?

Ok, apologies in advance if this has already been beat to death, but the search engine ignores short terms like "rmm" and "cp-e".

Anyhow, at ~40k, it feels like my Mountune RMM is getting worn out. The cp-e mount intrigues me. Should I go for the cp-3 or get another Mountune (everything wears out eventually, right)?
That’s exactly why I went with the Whoosh RMM. He sells replacement bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go with the Whoosh motor mount. You'll be doing two things. 1) supporting a great vendor, 2) getting a quality product that Whoosh stands behind.
New here. My car hasn't even been delivered to me yet LOL. As members here is there a discount code if we buy from sponsored or supporting vendors? Such as Whoosh mentioned above.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Or go per Ron‘s suggestion with a Vibra Technics pretty much the best one on the market. Not as cheap as Ron’s but the quality is excellent even if it is ugly in some peoples eyes. :LOL:
I LOVE my 'fast road' version, and will eventually get their passenger and driver's
side mounts as well. [wink] [thumb]

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I really like the whoosh street rmm. Normal driving dont notice any nvh. Cold start and occasionally when stepping on brakes while parked cold, heat/AC turned on or anything that pulls a little power from engine I'll feel a slight vibration. Less than 500 miles on it and I've read that these break in a bit. Also want to recheck the torque on the rmm bolts.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My Cobb RMM went in back in 2016 at 4,500 miles. I'm at 55k now. I am getting an audible "squeak, squeak, squeak" shifting at low speeds. I assumed it was the upper mounts. Yesterday I ordered brand new OEMS with PowerFlex inserts for both of them. But at some point these RMMs are going to wear out, right? While it's probably impossible to decide on a mileage count for it, I'm thinking the 4 years/50k miles my Cobb has suffered through may be enough to warrant a replacement?

The Mountune and Whoosh are basically a Cobb replicas. Same for the CP-E save for the fact they replace the OEM bracket which may provide a bit more support. In the end there's only so many ways to skin this cat. It's not a complicated part ya know. If i decide to replace my old Cobb, I'll go with Whoosh. It's cheaper and with available replacements. Seems like a no brainer! If it were available 4 years ago I'd only have to spend 30 bucks to refresh it right now, not 100.