Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My (Brief) Stratified Tune Review

PENN

Sorry, Stratified is misspelled in the title...

Mods:
K&N Drop-In Filter
MAperformance IC

I was running Cobb Stage 1 93oct for about a year, and decided to go with the larger IC but keep everything else stock.
I didn't want to run the Cobb Stage 2 OTS map with that setup, so I decided to go with Stratified.

First, let me say their customer service was excellent.
I worked with Aaron, and he answered all my questions in a timely manner.
I also got my serial # mixed up, and he sent me a corrected map for my AP.
Good guy.

Now I have no numbers to share, only how the car felt...

I noticed the change immediately in first gear just pulling out of the parking lot. (I don't think it was just my mind playing games on me)
The way I would describe it is that the car "jumped" forward. I could feel the surge even in low rpm's in first gear.
I had to slightly adjust as a driver in terms of how quickly/slowly I released the clutch.

Adding an IC isn't a major modification, and therefore I wasn't expecting major gains, but I was surprised by how much I did notice even at low rpm's.

Overall everything does feel smoother (which is what a lot of people say, and it's true).
And I'm pleased with the gains (that I feel, sorry no numbers).

I will be doing this very soon. Thanks for the insight. I'm lucky enough that E85 is easy to get in my area so I will likely be going with an E30 tune :). Did you run the Cobb OTS stage 2 at all? I would be curious of the difference.

Can you post your logs?

I want to see what you gained compared to mine, as I was considering going your route also.

Interesting, my experience was completely opposite. My tune feels pretty terrible, whatever they did to the throttle scaling sucks, giving the car 1/4 throttle input now is like 3/4 throttle on the stock tune, its annoying and almost difficult to drive around town like that. When I asked about it they said "The reason why it feels more touchy is because there is more power being produced."

I went back to the stock tune, which actually feels "faster" for me.

Interesting, my experience was completely opposite. My tune feels pretty terrible, whatever they did to the throttle scaling sucks, giving the car 1/4 throttle input now is like 3/4 throttle on the stock tune, its annoying and almost difficult to drive around town like that. When I asked about it they said "The reason why it feels more touchy is because there is more power being produced."

As we mentioned to you on Facebook, you never told Stratified you were having difficulties for quite a long time. It's good to see that you finally communicated your issue to them, but unfortunate that they did not seem to get it fixed.

It's been less than 2 weeks since I received the tune and I've only actually had it loaded for less than 1. I mentioned it on FB the day after I tested it.

As we mentioned to you on Facebook, you never told Stratified you were having difficulties for quite a long time. It's good to see that you finally communicated your issue to them, but unfortunate that they did not seem to get it fixed.

A7xogg

Which is why I love the stock throttle map because half throttle is half throttle and 5/8 throttle is 5/8 throttle

OP
P

PENN

Thread Starter #8
I will be doing this very soon. Thanks for the insight. I'm lucky enough that E85 is easy to get in my area so I will likely be going with an E30 tune :). Did you run the Cobb OTS stage 2 at all? I would be curious of the difference.
I was thinking about that actually just to compare out of curiosity, but I was to chicken since I know that tune was designed for my setup haha.

I was thinking about that actually just to compare out of curiosity, but I was to chicken since I know that tune was designed for my setup haha.
I haven't ordered my tune yet which is why I was curious. I'm also itching to install my parts so I guess I'll give it a go.

I'm running a Cobb stage 2 with my drop-in/intercooler/colder plugs. I'm not overly impressed...
I got my AP from Panda Motorworks and I got one of their tunes with it. I'm waiting for them to send me the base map to start working with it. I was looking hard at the stratified and we'll see how the panda one works out.