Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Cobb AccessPort V3 Review !!!

Ordered mine from modbargains.com on Monday got it today. I also ordered Injen Intake will be getting it next Tuesday (Can't wait )

I have never used Tuner before so i was little scared that i might f.. up the car but the installation is so easy a Caveman can do it )). First I downloaded the AP Manager to check for Firmware updates but it was up to date. Installation took less the 10 Min, Installed 91map on 93 gas. Finally started the car took it for a spin. Holly s........t honestly car wakes up. I went thru all the AP reviews on the forums before i ordered mine. I swear if i had know the difference will be this much i would have bought it long time ago.

Throttle response alone is enough to buy it. I could stay in same gear longer, no need to down shift as much. The Low end Torque is crazy, 1st gear is basically useless if you floor it ))) 2nd, 3rd gears pull sooo much harder ))) Love the Gauges, finally i could see my Boost Levels (i was hitting 18-20). Didn't really push that much, ill let ECU learn for few days then ill try 93map on 93 gas. Best Mod for the money, i know $500 is little too much for most of us but guys believe me you will not regret it at all.

On the way back home did 20 mph pulls with Brand New Acura TL )))) by the time i hit 4th gear i was 5 cars ahead )))

I'll let you Guys know once i install my Injen Intake. Ill be driving to Boston from Brooklyn next Friday (about 4 hrs drive) Should be Fun)))))))

Conclusion:

Should you Buy it? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Do you plan on doing 93 map on 93 anytime soon? I just want to hear somebody's else take on the difference between the two set ups.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That's awesome, another satisfied ModBargains and Cobb customer.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Go through a whole tank with the 91map then switch to 93map in your next gas filluo and let us know what you think.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Do you plan on doing 93 map on 93 anytime soon? I just want to hear somebody's else take on the difference between the two set ups.
in my previous post i wrote that i will try later but Just for you sir i gave it a try. See Below !

Glad you like it and the fun it allows :)
Great review glad you are enjoying it
That's awesome, another satisfied ModBargains and Cobb customer.

Thank you Guys ))

How am I supposed to wait two years to buy this off you, when you make it sound so good??
Hahahaha when im done with the car i'll make you a Nice Combo Deal that you won't refuse )))

Go through a whole tank with the 91map then switch to 93map in your next gas filluo and let us know what you think.

Ok Guys i tried all the Maps today and here are my findings:

i know i should have waited for ECU to learn but WTH i didn't want to wait.

1. Anti-Theft Map: Basically you won't be going anywhere ))) car won't drive

2. Valet Mode Map: RPM is limited to 3500k

3. Economy Mode Map: Very close to Stock (less boost & less power) saves gas and it's livable the car is not too under powered. Great for Long boring hwy drives.

THE FUN MAPS )))

4. Stage 1 91 on 93 octane: I NEVER USE 91 GAS SO I WILL NOT BE TRYING 91 MAP ON 91 OCTANE. So as i said in my first post the car becomes so much fun to drive. Power delivery is so linear that you love every gear )). Throttle response is excellent, car pulls hard in every Gear. You will the difference as soon as you take it for a drive the first time. No Lags at all, car pulls stronger in every gear.

5. Stage 1 93 on 93 octane: Holly shit, the car tries to KILL in every f...g gear )))) IT IS VERY AGGRESSIVE IN ALL GEARS. Car Definitely makes More Power the 91map on 93gas. i'm 35 i have been driving for at least 18-20 years and when i say Car tries to kill you i really mean it )))). It was raining very hard in Brooklyn NY today so all the tests were done on wet roads but still butt dyno never lied to me. Car pulls very very hard and you could feel the torque gains. But............... The power delivery is not as linear as in 91 map on 93 gas. Cobb needs to work on it a little. When you push the car hard if feels like it's gonna Climb buildings and tries. I loved it but i think it's little too Aggressive TOO SOON.

This is how i would describe the difference between 91map on 93 gas and 93 map on 93 gas :

91 map on 93 gas: Having sex with your GF, you could enjoy everything everyday, will not get Boring for long time ))) Starts from Kissing, Hugging then moves to Hot Sweet Enjoyable ROUGH SEX

93 map on 93 gas: Having Sex with Crazy Bitch whom you just met, STARTS WITH BITING, HAIR PULLING, YELLING, DIRTY TALK THEN MOVES IN TO VERY ROUGH SEX THAT YOU WILL NEED TO ICE YOUR BALLS FOR FEW HOURS LATER ))) IT'S FUN but too crazy for Everyday )))

Please excuse my Language ))))

SO MY EVERYDAY MAP WILL BE 91 MAP ON 93 GAS until Cobb makes new maps.

Almost forgot i also mounted my AP today love it and did few more mods ill make separate thread later.

the duke

Do these cars have active knock sensors to adjust to the fuel type? ie, can it run on 87 if it detects knock and just cuts boost?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Do these cars have active knock sensors to adjust to the fuel type? ie, can it run on 87 if it detects knock and just cuts boost?
Yes in stock form they will for sure with a Tune I would be careful to feather the throttle if you got caught without your AP and have to buy cheap 87 octane gas.. Then soon as possible flash it back to stage 0 or stock just to be safe. maybe other more familur with the COBB system can answer better..