Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My HVAC smells like cat scat!

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
So about a month ago I started smelling cat poo in my car and assumed that me or my son stepped in poo. fast forward a month and I realize that it only smells like poo when I have the vent open to fresh air. I sprayed out around the engine bay with the hose but no luck the car still smells like poo with the HVAC on. Can someone help me identify the location of the fresh air intake location?

TIA,
Daniel

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Fresh air intake is underneath the cowl. You'll see a box behind there through the firewall with a mesh screen. Filter location is passenger foot well behind center console.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Erick_V

Glad I saw this thread. Mine smells like mold/mildew when I first kick on the AC. Should probably find the part number for the cabin air filter. Subbed so I remember to order it before I (likely) pick up my new daily.

Looks like BE8Z-19N619-A or FP-69 for the Motocraft part

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ior-cabin-air-filter-on-your-fiesta-st.10816/

Maybe it's deja vu but I swear I've done this job before... Maybe it's time to do it again lol

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I just ordered e new filter for my '16. Still has the original piece from the factory. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
I just ordered e new filter for my '16. Still has the original piece from the factory. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should probably replace it on my '15. Bought the car new almost 7 years ago now and have never replaced it. Vent flow is still strong and I don't have any weird smells. Probably why I haven't bothered.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Changed my filter at 20,000, and it was filthy. It's a PITA, but it has to be done, and no, you can't just go without a filter.

OP
its_stock

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #10
To be clear a cat climbed into my engine bay and took a poo somewhere on the passenger side of my car. This is not a dirty filter issue.

haste

1000 Post Club
Sorry man. I can't help but chuckle a little at your misfortune.

It's hard for me to imagine a cat actually finding a spot in the engine bay near the fresh air intake to take a crap.

I would think it would have dried and fallen off by now. Unless it's in a spot where it can't fall off and it keeps getting rehydrated somehow...

Your best bet is probably removing your cowl and inspect from there.

OP
its_stock

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #12
Sorry man. I can't help but chuckle a little at your misfortune.
Yeah it's kind of a FML moment. But at least I have a project for the weekend.