Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Sick HID retrofit

I am interested in getting oem headlights and sending them in to get some custom work, as I wanted to have the concept look as well. I was looking for colorshift halos around the projectors. But your build is really clean, love to see some pictured of them on the car, with lights on and off. Thank you. Beautiful car btw. Might send mine to Sick too but I would want to do all black with the led halos.

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
That cannot be done anymore. The adhesive melt temperature is higher than the plastic melt temperature. Your headlights will melt before you can remove the lenses.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I tried a few different methods and nothing was really working so I decided to cut it open in the notch around most of the edge. I will glue it back together with ABS cement then put a bead of black silicone over it and smooth it nicely so should come our rather well. I bought a 1" or so saw blade for a dremel that works quite well but did cost $16!

--------------

I am looking forward to the next version being done, a bit too much for my taste but I like seeing the end results:)

Use either a hot knife or for budget a soldering iron. When you cut make tabs so that it will be easier to locate both sides and ensure a good fit when you reassemble.