Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NC Shop Recommendations

I live in Durham, and I'm thinking of getting an MFactory LSD. I don't trust myself to install it having never done an LSD install before, so I'm looking for shop recommendations in RDU area.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Only shop I trust anymore to touch my car is Man Made Legends in Mooresville, NC. I realize they're not in RDU area but worth the drive IMO to get the quality of work they do after a few bad experiences.

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #4
I'm in Asheboro and if you do it yourself I'll can give a hand. I've drop the transmission and split it. Had to replace the half of the case with tranny mount. I have a s280 fiesta as well and I'm lacking a few parts to do the lsd. So I'll be doing it in the next few months.
You're only about an hour away, I would definitely try and do it myself if I had a hand. I might take you up on that offer in the next few months. What LSD were you thinking of installing in yours? I was torn between MFactory and Wavetrac.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Depending on timing we can have a transmission party at my house in Burlington. I’ll be buying a Clarke trans before too long but my house is still under construction

Almost called it a tranny party but didn’t want anyone getting too excited

OP
razr_m3
Thread Starter #7
Depending on timing we can have a transmission party at my house in Burlington. I’ll be buying a Clarke trans before too long but my house is still under construction

🤣 Hell yeah, I'd be down. I should be good to order my diff soon-ish.

😆 I'll be down. I have all the tools. Tranny jack, digital torque wrench, and much more.
20220403_164757.jpg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
😆 I'll be down. I have all the tools. Tranny jack, digital torque wrench, and much more.
View attachment 48741
Nice! I’ve got all the tools too except for clutch alignment and vacuum bleeder. I’ll keep y’all updated but the way construction is going don’t wait on me

Nice! I’ve got all the tools too except for clutch alignment and vacuum bleeder. I’ll keep y’all updated but the way construction is going don’t wait on me
I do have a universal alignment tool and a syringe to properly reverse bleed the clutch. Good luck with the construction! Especially with prices of everything up. I sold 10 acres to a neighbor to build a house. Hes actually going to just jack his house up and move to the land. As the lumber cost has went crazy on him.