Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lsd Install Shop time/Price

Hello all,
If the trans case is already out and split how long is reasonable to install the LSD at this point with it sitting on the bench?
Ford wants $1400 for this which seems pretty ridiculous. Seems like some shops charge that for the whole procedure including trans removal and reinstall.
Thanks much

Oh right, sorry, I understand now. Not sure if it helps, but at some point I got a preliminary quote from the local Brow Bros Ford when they were still doing such installs and I remember them quoting me 10hrs estimate from start to finish including taking transaxle out and putting it back in at whatever rate they had at the time 4 years ago.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hello all,
If the trans case is already out and split how long is reasonable to install the LSD at this point with it sitting on the bench?
Ford wants $1400 for this which seems pretty ridiculous. Seems like some shops charge that for the whole procedure including trans removal and reinstall.
Thanks much
Dealership bench rates are usually going to be higher I paid $1500 to remove install and replace a Wavetrac and clutch at the same time at FSwerks.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #6
Dealership bench rates are usually going to be higher I paid $1500 to remove install and replace a Wavetrac and clutch at the same time at FSwerks.
Was this including the transmission removal and reinstallation into the vehicle?
They want 10 hours of shop time for just putting the wave trac in in addition to the remove and replace time that they are billing

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Was this including the transmission removal and reinstallation into the vehicle?
They want 8 hours of shop time for just putting the wave trac in in addition to the remove and replace time that they are billing
That’s insane. I paid $1,200 tax included for the entire job. Removal, wavetrac install, clutch and slave replacement, reinstallation of trans. Dropped off on a Sunday evening and it was ready for pickup the next day.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
They want 8 hours of shop time for just putting the wave trac in in addition to the remove and replace time that they are billing
yes remove trans install LSD and replace aka reinstall. It should not take 8 hours to install a diff in a trans on the bench

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That’s insane. I paid $1,200 tax included for the entire job. Removal, wavetrac install, clutch and slave replacement, reinstallation of trans. Dropped off on a Sunday evening and it was ready for pickup the next day.
Where did you have it done?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine cost $1,200 for labour 5yrs ago at FSWerks. Came to a bit more with new clutch etc.

Ford dealer :(
I only got them to do it because the transaxle was already getting pulled for a synchro under warranty
I did the same thing when mine was apart under warranty getting a syncro and tranny case half replaced. I believe it was 5-600 at the time (late 2020) which i thought was high considering it was apart anyway buuuut...

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #14
I did the same thing when mine was apart under warranty getting a syncro and tranny case half replaced. I believe it was 5-600 at the time (late 2020) which i thought was high considering it was apart anyway buuuut...
Yeah I got hosed

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes sir that’s the one. Delicious burgers next door as well. I grew up in Cary/Apex area
Nice! I’ve lived in Cary my whole life. Good to know that there’s a good transmission shop so close. I plan on doing an LSD when my transmission eventually dies.

With my transmission having 70k, I’m thinking about just getting the pumaspeed transmission with the LSD already installed. With shipping it comes out to about 2K, that way I get a lower mileage transmission and not having to worry about cracking the case open and save some time in the process.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #19
With my transmission having 70k, I’m thinking about just getting the pumaspeed transmission with the LSD already installed. With shipping it comes out to about 2K, that way I get a lower mileage transmission and not having to worry about cracking the case open and save some time in the process.
Whoosh sells one like this preassembled also