Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need a new commuter

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #22
I have a love and hate with my Fist.Hate the tranny in the winter as it gets very Notchy,1 to 2 is a pita when its below 35,the battery took a crap on me within a yr,was replaced under warranty and now its dyeing again.Replaced the Purge valve myself last month and it did the stuttering and stalled on me twice last saturday.So the Evap cannister is taking a shit.Dropping it off at the dealership Thursday.
What year is your fist? I've read a ton on that stalling/sputtering evap canister issue. I've only put 2000 on my fist myself but have never seen the issue. Is this common on all years? Or earlier models only?

Being my new daily not going to do much to it. May have some paint correction/protection, fluids and some interior LED. And some tint probably. It's a neat ride. Not fast by any means but there's something sporty to the initial acceleration when the hybrid kicks in. Also has S+ button on wheel for a momentary kick of hybrid power till you let off throttle. Claims on crz forums are mpg into the low 40's if you work for it.
thanks for this follow up post! great car! I've always wanted one of these!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The stock fluid is fine...has it ever been changed? Maybe you just need some fresh fluid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've heard some people say that it's underfilled from the factory, and others don't like the stock fluid. Don't know how much truth there is to that though

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I swapped with Motul 300 and that didnt help so switched to BG'S.Feels fine in warm weather but hates the Cold.Also it gets better after the car warms up,but not perfect.
My tranny is rough to shift when it's cold (like around 32 degrees) but is fine once it warms up. You could try a neutral reset. It really improved how my tranny felt. I just made a thread about it if you search neutral reset.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #29
CRZ got the treatment this past saturday. Fresh MTF (Honda), Oil changed, new serpentine belt, was going to clean MAF but when I pulled it out it looked spotless so decided to leave it alone. 4 new plugs on order as well. Replaced the worn out shift knob with a knock off Type R (the OEMs are like 200 bucks!) Put some red LEDs in interior and a white in the cargo area. Need a couple more white leds for glovebox and reverse. I find the red a little rice BUT red light is known not to interfere with nightvision so I chock it up to function>form.

Ordered a new center console armrest as the clip is broken and the leather is worn and new plastic clips for the inner and under fender/engine liners and an aFe dry panel filter...(these things are not fast just want to try it)
Threw in a Fram febreeze/charcoal cabin air filter and the cover had broken tabs so ordered a new cover. Wish ford made it SO EASY to swap out like honda did on this car! Still not sure if my FiST filter ever went in straight or not as you basically crush it into a ball and stuff it in saying a prayer to the car gremlins that everything works out....

Lastly ordered Koni STR T orange with Tein H tech springs and new oem bits and pieces.

Goes in tomorrow for a full detail and window tints. Breathing some freshness into this little girl.

Last edited: