Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help finding the right bolt.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
So I have been having long term problems with getting the bolts on my Pierce 4 point brace tight. The service manual states that the bolt in question is to be tossed and a new one is to be used when its replaced.

E140231_EUR_400.JPG

Looking at Tasca, I am thinking it is #12 - W703432-S900
Bolt.png

I have a pack of 4 of these. They are the original bag with proper label from FordParts that I got from Tasca. These bolts have the proper look to them, but they are not the original bolt. Their head is 15mm, Originals are 18mm. I have not pulled the original bolts to compare threads / length (my kid has my tools at the moment)

Am I looking at everything correctly?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Could it possibly be item #10 also listed as a Lower Control Arm Bolt?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I went directly to Tasca Parts and looked up my '14 FiST, (same page as posted above).
Item #11 (nut) says C Max, item #10 (bolt) does not.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Never mind,
Item #10 is the knuckle pinch bolt for the Ball Joint stem.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #7
Ford parts actually shows 2 different bolts for the one hole. Both are listed as for the ST. So weird. I am ordering a set from Tasca.

W715977-S900

bolt2.png

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
When you call Tasca, ask for Steve Powel.
He will ask you for your VIN so that you get the correct part for your car.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #11
I think I am just unlucky in my perticular case. I have tried to reuse the bolts about 8 times now. I get them as tight as humanly possible. Go to autocross, about half way thru on a very hard corner I get a loud POP and then it just keeps doing it. The only way to get it to go away is to try to tighten the bolts even further. It is almost to the point that I will just sell the brace and run without.

What are you torquing them too?
Having said that, if youā€™ve retorqued that many times itā€™s worth getting new bolts.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #13
I attempt to get to the spec. I don't have my book in front of me but something like 60nm then an additional 180 degrees. I can never get the whole rotation with my breaker bar. I may get a steel pipe extension.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #16
The website doesn't directly link properly, but parts.ford.com . I select that I am a do-it-yourselfer, enter the car info and go to the suspension area, then chassis parts. The Arm Assy - Front Suspension has that image.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #18
As somebody liked my post above with the torque spec, I am pasting the actual spec from the service manual.

1691194617089.png

Ford Community Posts