Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help what car is in the picture?

haste

1000 Post Club
Just did some quick google image searching and a 1941 Chevy Coupe looks VERY similar. The grill looks slightly different but the hood ornament, chrome trim on the side, the driver door/window, lines, etc all look super close.

1105sr-01-z-1941-chevrolet-coupe-.jpg

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Just did some quick google image searching and a 1941 Chevy Coupe looks VERY similar. The grill looks slightly different but the hood ornament, chrome trim on the side, the driver door/window, lines, etc all look super close.

View attachment 47057
I thought the same but the grill is way different, it's in the ball park though, trying to find the date the picture was taken.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I do agree 1940 may be correct.
However, I still believe that it is a Buick.
The Chevy had wider hood trim or holes in the hood if the trim was removed, whereas the Buick did not.

Last edited:
It's definitely a GM product, Ford, Mercury, Packard, Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth all have different lines and rear view mirrors. What does match is Buick and Chevrolet. Pontiac and Oldsmobile share a totally different squared off roof line. What is baffling is the dashes coming off the grill, that wasn't a feature on either Buick or Chevy. Makes me wonder if this may not be a Canada specific model which were typically based on US models with minor feature changes like a different grill.