Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need Help with Part # and Fitment Question

SrsBsns

EDIT/UPDATE: New middle hose came in. Took some silicone grease and rubbed it on the o-rings for the top and middle connector and it was tight but pushed right into place. Seems like kind of a waste of a thread, but just in case anyone is ever going to do this job and is reading this... make sure you're ready to replace the middle line as it gets brittle over the years. Also, seems like I'll need to bleed the system since my temps are creeping up when I'm at idle. Moving, everything is normal. So I'm assuming I let some air into the system.

Stock coolant reservoir on my '15 was leaking a little from the middle connector. Decided that I should just replace the reservoir since it's so cheap and should be easy.

Headlight comes out. Easy enough to get all three connections off and take the tank out.

Trying to fit things back in... the bottom (circled in green) hose fit no problem. The top two... they don't want to press in far enough to click into place. For the middle connector (circled in red), I pushed and pushed and it looked like it was right about to grab the lip when it broke. I tried connecting the top tube (circled in orange) as well, but that one also doesn't seem like it wants to go in far enough.

Tried connecting the top tube to the stock tank and it clicked in no problem.

1st question... what's the part number for the middle connector (or do I need to replace the whole hose)?

2nd question... I got the Dorman 603-381 tank which says its for the Fiesta from 2011-2019. The tank fits perfectly on the mounts for it and the bottom hose fit perfectly. Just the upper two seem not to want to go in. Anyone have this happen to them?

Pics for reference:

Coolant Tank Pic.jpg
20231001_175741.jpg
20231001_175745.jpg

I think it's #10 here that needs to be replaced which should be:
C1BZ-8B081-J
Tasca.png

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I went with the dorman reserve tank on my 13 Focus a while back. The Dorman had metal insert reinforcements where the hoses connected and thought it would be better. That thing never sealed properly with the oem small hose clips (and the plug as my focus was NA)

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #4
I went with the dorman reserve tank on my 13 Focus a while back. The Dorman had metal insert reinforcements where the hoses connected and thought it would be better. That thing never sealed properly with the oem small hose clips (and the plug as my focus was NA)
So what did you do to make it work?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
So what did you do to make it work?
I got rid of the car within 4 months or so of swapping the tank due to the steering rack failing and the DCT being on the edge. BUT, I was able to put some plumbers tape around the nip which kept it dry for a while.

Different car, different tank part number so ymmv.

Sam4

I got rid of the car within 4 months or so of swapping the tank due to the steering rack failing and the DCT being on the edge. BUT, I was able to put some plumbers tape around the nip which kept it dry for a while.

Different car, different tank part number so ymmv.
Sooo, the repair was a haitian divorce?