Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help

So I recently purchased a fiesta st and am wondering what these two things are and if I need to connect them or plug them both thanks

Attachments

XanRules

I can't tell what this is a photo of. Is this an upside down photo of the engine bay? Turbo? Exhaust? Intake? It looks wrong at any angle.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Yeah I have no idea what I’m looking at. Maybe the elbow coming off the compressor side of the turbo? Can you take some more pics, including zoomed out a bit for location reference?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I think that's photographed from the backside of the engine, possibly looking up from underneath the vehicle?

Bar across the bottom is the steering rack and the big thick red wire for the starter motor?

Just some educated guesses based on the sound deadening and heat shielding material.

Dialcaliper

Inuit is right. I finally realized that everything looks wrong because of the fisheye on the phone camera. Some description would have been nice.

In any case, the black bung I think the OP is talking about is the one on the either the turbo inlet elbow or the hot side pipe exiting the compressor. Except I’m thinking it’s an aftermarket piece, possibly aftermarket turbo? No sure which yet