Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

need to know how to release the hood if the latch in the car isn't working

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It is a certain Number of Jacks That were incorrectly made....NOT all jacks sold by Harbor freight* There is a Re-call for those as PunkST pointed out in another post.
Absolutely correct. I was being a bit flippantly tongue in cheek. The important take away is DO use jack stands.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
scooter123
Thread Starter #8
A friend owns Ace Engineering & Fab, a high end Jeep accessorie manufacturer. So all the work was done on one of his lifts. After gaining some knowledge here and the Net I headed back to his shop and we got it sorted out quickly. I also found out that this a very easy mistake to make, I'm going to spend a bit of time today figuring out how to secure the cable a bit more securely so that it doesn't happen again.

PS; the Mountune radiator is 100% FANTASTIC. During the 10 minutes or warming the engine up and burping the air out of the cooling system did NOT have the cooling fans kick on at all, the temp indicator was nailed at 4 bars and never went higher. One thing I'm still scratching my head over was there was a distinct improvement in the gas mileage with the new radiator driving home after getting the hood latch working. Time will tell if that actually holds true, what I observed may be due to a change in head winds during that drive and the roads had dried from rain earlier in the day. If the mileage really did improve then that tells me that the factory radiator can have the engine "pulling" timing in normal light driving enough to effect the light throttle fuel efficiency.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If you pulled the battery cable, may have reset KAM and the PCM will be relearning some engine parameters.

Glad you didn't require these after all...
1623022893349.png

Re jack stands, use LAYERS.
Jack + stands + wheels + wheel chock + e-brake

Don't rely on any one thing.