Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New fiesta owner!

Hey everyone, just bought my 15 st. Green envy! Absolutely love this car. She has a bov, (boomba?) Resonator and muffler delete. And a mishimoto catch can. It runs very good! So I'm wondering if it could have a tune? It pops and cracks alot and I've noticed alot of smoke when sitting at an idle for a couple of minutes. Any thoughts??

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The smoke doesn't sound good. Where's it coming from?

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
Oh sorry, exhaust. Definitely smells super rich! Could it be tuned? There is no Cobb accessport. So it could be a custom tune I'm guessing

I really think it's running rich. I do not know why. That's why I feel it may have a tune? But I'm not sure how I can tell
I am new on here too but generally when a car is running that rich from what I know would normally indicate that the Fuel Air ratio is not proper..... I would see if you can source a custom tuner in your area or even grab a Cobb AP and as soon as you plug that in it will indicate if there is a tune on it or not … worst case you have an AP that will inevitably fix the issue. I am not a mechanic so just going off basic knowledge of mine lol. hope this helps any.

OP
G
Thread Starter #11
I am new on here too but generally when a car is running that rich from what I know would normally indicate that the Fuel Air ratio is not proper..... I would see if you can source a custom tuner in your area or even grab a Cobb AP and as soon as you plug that in it will indicate if there is a tune on it or not … worst case you have an AP that will inevitably fix the issue. I am not a mechanic so just going off basic knowledge of mine lol. hope this helps any.
I almost wonder if its tuned and once had an intake. 🤔🤔

I almost wonder if its tuned and once had an intake. 🤔🤔
The thing that gets me is that there is no engine parts that have been changed... I have a basic Mishimoto C/A intake with a custom catback that pops and crackles a lot but never had any issues with the excessive amount of exhaust, and a BOV should not affect the AF mixture other than backpressure to the turbo.

OP
G
Thread Starter #13
The thing that gets me is that there is no engine parts that have been changed... I have a basic Mishimoto C/A intake with a custom catback that pops and crackles a lot but never had any issues with the excessive amount of exhaust, and a BOV should not affect the AF mixture other than backpressure to the turbo.
I guess I can get an accessport soon and see what is going on with it

I guess I can get an accessport soon and see what is going on with it
That would be my suggestion , it’s either that or a custom tuner will be able to tell you because the AP will lock them out until you re apply the AP to it to clear the previous time it was installed ..... if that makes sense .... lol

OP
G
Thread Starter #17
[welcome] and hopefully you'll get that issue fixed. Might want to see if you can run a carfax and see if anything has happened to it.[thumb]
Car fax never showed anything, all clear! I really think the a/f ratios are off, it possibly could have a custom tune. But, i wont know until I get an accessport

OP
G
Thread Starter #19
Might be able to unhook your battery cable for a little bit and let everything reset. Then take if for a 20 to 30 minute drive and see if anything changes.
I may have found the problem, I took the catch can off only to find it was completely full of oil. I'm sure it hadn't been drained it awhile, I'll find out today if that fixed it or not