Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST Owner

In the now ancient decorum of car forums, I am introducing myself to the best community on the internet in an effort to pad my post count and garner introductory favor :ROFLMAO:.

I purchased a great 2017 Fiesta ST but I am a veteran of the Euro hot hatch scene, not domestic. I am glad to see there are considerably fewer repair and maintenance posts! As most of the major tuning brands are different, this is predominantly an effort to understand who’s who in the community and hopefully purchase some affordable second hand parts!

Give me a couple months and I’m sure I will have an unnecessarily strong opinion on S280 vs. hybrid or Mountune vs. Whoosh FMICs...

In the now ancient decorum of car forums, I am introducing myself to the best community on the internet in an effort to pad my post count and garner introductory favor :ROFLMAO:.

I purchased a great 2017 Fiesta ST but I am a veteran of the Euro hot hatch scene, not domestic. I am glad to see there are considerably fewer repair and maintenance posts! As most of the major tuning brands are different, this is predominantly an effort to understand who’s who in the community and hopefully purchase some affordable second hand parts!

Give me a couple months and I’m sure I will have an unnecessarily strong opinion on S280 vs. hybrid or Mountune vs. Whoosh FMICs...
Welcome!

I had a Peugeot 208 GT in Brazil before I moved to US last April. Now I'm also reading this forum on a daily basis to get to know about brands and parts as my plan is to also buy a FiST once I have my US drivers license. In Brazil it was almost just Forge, GFB, K&N and Automix for the THP engine. Here there are lots of different brands. I read a lot about COBB.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!

I had a Peugeot 208 GT in Brazil before I moved to US last April. Now I'm also reading this forum on a daily basis to get to know about brands and parts as my plan is to also buy a FiST once I have my US drivers license. In Brazil it was almost just Forge, GFB, K&N and Automix for the THP engine. Here there are lots of different brands. I read a lot about COBB.
Cobb owns the access ports that everyone uses in the Americas. Their other stuff for this car is kind of "meh" to me.

Cobb owns the access ports that everyone uses in the Americas. Their other stuff for this car is kind of "meh" to me.
Cool! Just read more in their website. I used to use a regular ODB2 bluetooth dongle and iPhone Apps to read data from my Peugeot ECU, but writing was very limited, basically just clear error codes. The COBB allows to do lots of additional adjustments.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Cool! Just read more in their website. I used to use a regular ODB2 bluetooth dongle and iPhone Apps to read data from my Peugeot ECU, but writing was very limited, basically just clear error codes. The COBB allows to do lots of additional adjustments.
Thanks everyone. The only existing mod on my car is a Cobb RMM, so I guess I’m already a Cobb fan... jokes aside, an AccessPort will be the first purchase. The first hard question is Dizzy or Stratified.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thanks everyone. The only existing mod on my car is a Cobb RMM, so I guess I’m already a Cobb fan... jokes aside, an AccessPort will be the first purchase. The first hard question is Dizzy or Stratified.
Can't go wrong with either. Had a Stratified tune on my Mazdaspeed6, Dizzy on my Fiesta. Both do great work and are highly responsive to questions from my experience.

As someone who’s been part of the Euro-hot hatch scene, I will say this forums is significantly less toxic than the MUCH larger one for euro hatches. The global FB groups on the other hand.. stay away from there unless you want to lose a few brain cells or need to sell something faster than here.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

...I purchased a great 2017 Fiesta ST but I am a veteran of the Euro hot hatch scene, not domestic.
Is that from being stationed in Europe?

...Give me a couple months and I’m sure I will have an unnecessarily strong opinion on S280 vs. hybrid or Mountune vs. Whoosh FMICs...
Go onnnnnnnnn.....lol. The executive summary is pretty much Hybrid for off-the-line power and S280 for longer pulls/pedal/power.