Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New from Ohio

B3NN3TT

Hey, hi -

I actually don't own a Fiesta; I have a Focus ST. But that's not what brings me here.

I also have a 99 Mercury Cougar that's a dedicated SCCA autocross car, and the Fiesta platform is one of the few contemporary chassis that share a bolt pattern. So seeing as how it's a dedicated autocross car, I'm always trying new wheels and tires for it, so this community has been hugely helpful in fulfilling my needs. So I'll be lurking about in general, and in the classifieds section specifically, to throw some money at you from time to time. And perhaps I'll be able to unload some of my wheel/tire sets as well.

2013 Focus ST2, Race Red, mostly stock
2008 Mustang Bullitt, many suspension mods
2007 Honda Element SC, family hauler on H&R static drop
1999 Mercury Cougar, SMF #71

I've been into fast Fords for a while. Previously: 2 SVT Focus', 2000 Roush Cougar, and these three in the garage right now. Glad to be here.

Attachments

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Welcome B3NN3TT, I'm new to this forum and the ST World also. I am a Ford guy from way back. I had a 1st Gen F150 SVT Lightning [the real lightning pickup] and Fox Body Mustangs. Now I just purchased a Fiesta ST and I'm definitely interested in your tire/wheel knowledge from 1st hand auto crossing with the same tire/wheel/bolt pattern.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
That's one of the best look'n FoST I've seen. Welcome to the forum.

Wonder what was eliminated here... πŸ€” ... kind of resembles the shape of a human...
1711328387363.png

OP
B

B3NN3TT

Thread Starter #6
Thanks, everyone

Welcome B3NN3TT, I'm new to this forum and the ST World also. I am a Ford guy from way back. I had a 1st Gen F150 SVT Lightning [the real lightning pickup] and Fox Body Mustangs. Now I just purchased a Fiesta ST and I'm definitely interested in your tire/wheel knowledge from 1st hand auto crossing with the same tire/wheel/bolt pattern.
Always been a fox body fan; we have some really fast one in our SCCA region. They are at the point now where if you want a good one you pay a fortune; and if you want an affordable one you get a basket case. So I really missed my window on those, haha.

That's one of the best look'n FoST I've seen. Welcome to the forum.

Wonder what was eliminated here... πŸ€” ... kind of resembles the shape of a human...
View attachment 60821
Hey thank you - nothing removed from the shot; I guess it's just an illusion from the digital effects. That was taken in front of an Indian burial mound monument, so there's a stone marker with a plaque on it just behind the car.

As far as the Cougar goes - the original OEM wheels were 16x6.5 but I ran for many seasons on 17x7 after a brake upgrade. Stepped up to 17x8 a couple of years ago, which is about all I can get under there between the suspension and the fenders without pulling sheet metal. Starting this season I'm moving from street tires to Hoosiers again and getting back into Street Modified, so I'm going to need a second set of 17x8's for those. Interesting Hoosier anecdote - the Hoosier A7 in 225 is actually significantly wider than the 245 Bridgestone RE-71Rs I have on it now. Always check the spec sheet before buying tires, haha.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The A/R 7s are two of only 3 tires made in a 225/40-17, and definitely much MUCH wider in tread width than the Conti Extreme Force (also made by Hossier, ironically) as the only other tire available in that size. [wink]

But yeah, apples to cantaloupes comparison, given a full on, 00-50 tread wear, track/upper autocross class slick gumball, vs. a (lightly) treaded, DOT 200 tread wear donut.

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
I just checked their 1 year PRINT Magazine subscription rate is $40.00
https://shop.roadandtrack.com/road-track-magazine-sem.html#gallery-next-area

Road & Track Magazine
3.8 star rating52 Reviews

Shipped by Hearst Magazines
Magazines always ship free within the United States. Additional shipping rates may apply for Canadian customers.

1 year print subscription

Current price:
$40.00 Best Value!

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Does ANY ONE KNOW the Total # of ST per year or the COLOR Breakdown of ST's by year??
I apologize if that info. is here somewhere on the forum. I've looked for 2 weeks and can't find it. Just wondering how many FiST models were made in total or per year in the USA?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Does ANY ONE KNOW the Total # of ST per year or the COLOR Breakdown of ST's by year??
I apologize if that info. is here somewhere on the forum. I've looked for 2 weeks and can't find it. Just wondering how many FiST models were made in total or per year in the USA?
Here's a hint about searching in general. Searching within the site doesn't work that well. The way you find things even within a specific site like this one is to do a Google search and then add the words site: whatever site you're looking for, like this:
total numbers of Fiesta STs by year site:Fiesta ST forum

That will give you results within our forum at least at the top of the search results. There's just no way that searching within a site can match Google's powerful algorithm, which has basically allowed it to conquer the world.