Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Guy Bay are CA

Got my Fist a little over 2 weeks ago. Like the car alot. Fun to drive. recently though, my mpg's are going down. I have noticed a lot of people saying their hose clamps are loosening and loosing boost pressure. I am wondering if this could be happening to mine and causing the loss in mpg. Anyone notice this , not just the lack of power?
Jason

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcomne and I have not had the loose clamp issue yet and have found the more i drive the car the more the MPG goes down but my smiles come up :) that said does it feel sluggish or a lack of power ? are you getting deeper into the gas to go the same mph ??

Hey there. another Bay Area FST! Welcome to the party.

Not sure why your fuel mileage may be dropping. If the car feels fine, my hair-brained guess would be you're becoming accustomed to the ST's acceleration and starting to want more. So you're subconsciously using more throttle and/or more RPMs as you accelerate. That's what happened to me.

I just hit 3000 miles on my ST and my mileage has started to improve on the last couple fill-ups. I've read that that can happen. Maybe your mileage will improve after some more miles.

OP
jayroddrumz
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, i figured as my motor broke in my mileage would go up. And as you stated i may be getting into it a little bit more. Also i have been running the AC more. It does feel like it is maybe a little down on power, but i was never blown away by the Fist power in the first place. I got rid of my 360 awhp evo IX for this car! yeah i know im crazy lol . But i love the dynamics of this and the fun handling, it is peppy but not blazing fast. Also i wanted something new. Yes i miss the Evo but, I love the car and don't regret my decision.
I think i will check the hoses and see if there is some loose clamps, or if maybe im getting used to the car and getting a heavier foot.
Thanks for the reply's.

Forgot to mention i only have 900 miles, so I know there is still some breakijng in to do.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome to the forum! I used to live in San Mateo and pass through Livermore all the time heading to the valley. It's amazing to see that city transform from a quiet winery town to having a fairly lively downtown area.

I haven't experience any loose clamps, but it wouldn't hurt to check yours.

me32

1000 Post Club
Welcome im in the east bay. Check your hose clamps mine were lose at 1500miles. I gained 1-2 mpg after tighting them and I think the car is breaking in. I avg 34-35 mpg

OP
jayroddrumz
Thread Starter #8
So I checked them when i got home a little while ago. They were all loose. Some just a little. Some were very loose. I tightened them all up. Drove it a short drive. Will know for sure on my drive to work tomorrow.
Thanks

me32

1000 Post Club
So I checked them when i got home a little while ago. They were all loose. Some just a little. Some were very loose. I tightened them all up. Drove it a short drive. Will know for sure on my drive to work tomorrow.
Thanks
Keep us updated

OP
jayroddrumz
Thread Starter #10
ok will do. So i didn't drive it today. I'm trying to sell an older car of mine so i drove it today to a guy who wants to look at it. So tomorrow i should know more. First drive to work without the Fist since i bought it ! lol

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I'll bet the loose clamps were most of the problem, but those "heavy foot smiles" can subtract an mpg or 2...but well worth it. Have fun!

OP
jayroddrumz
Thread Starter #12
So in conclusion. It feels a little peppier, could be in my head though. MPG looks a little better too. But i did try driving a little more conservative today just to see what kind of MPG's i could actually get. Got at point right at 42. That's not pushing it and on the freeway. Of course i wont be able to drive like that very often, but it is nice to know that i cant get that kind of MPG. Now back to the more fun, Smiles Per Miles!

me32

1000 Post Club
So in conclusion. It feels a little peppier, could be in my head though. MPG looks a little better too. But i did try driving a little more conservative today just to see what kind of MPG's i could actually get. Got at point right at 42. That's not pushing it and on the freeway. Of course i wont be able to drive like that very often, but it is nice to know that i cant get that kind of MPG. Now back to the more fun, Smiles Per Miles!
good to hear

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That's awesome, glad everything is working out.

I'm another Bay Area one up in the North Bay. Fine Tooned and I go way back with our Subaru's. My mileage seemed to vary in the beginning too and now it's pretty consistent but that's also me now that I'm used to the car and have a feeling of what it will do based on driving style. So far with 4,600 miles I've avg 28 mpg for the life of the car. If I do more freeway driving then I avg 30 mpg. I've seen a black FiST in my little town of Novato and just saw him drive by my shop twice today but he didn't stop in. There's not a lot of us out there ;-)