Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New IC concern

Just got my Race IC. Would like some opinions on this before I put it on my car. But it was delivered with a chip on the inlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I would sand it to make it not cut the hose. put a rag in the hole first to prevent fillings from falling in. Other than that good to go.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
Thanks a lot man, sounds good. That was my main concern, was perhaps shavings falling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUX15ST

Yeah i would just demel it down smooth and your good to go, not a big deal at all, although probably shouldn't have happened

koozy

3000 Post Club
it's only cosmetic, I'd let Russ know though so he knows what type of abuse his packaging is getting. I just got mine Race Intercooler as well, my box was almost opened on one end and some of the tabs got bent. I'll know once I unwrap it if there's anything else. I'd sand that inlet down and fill it with JB Weld just to have it smooth.

OP
G
Thread Starter #7
Yes I have sent an email to make aware of how it arrived, those pictures included. Never heard anything. Its good to hear not a big deal and just to sand it because I don't want to wait any longer lol. I really want to get this on my car!