Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Windshield molding/trim concerns.

Hey all, I'm new here. 2017 FiST. Only had it about three weeks now.

I went through one of those tracked automatic car washes today (yeah, I know.. first and only time too based on my experience today..) and during the drying phase one of my trip pieces popped out of place. I was able to get it back in but I noticed that the bottom part of the windshield where the cowl meets the glass it looks like the black adhesive/sealer is melted? Is this normal or did something get screwed up? I don't remember it being like that although I'm not sure. Is this a big concern or nah? Also, I noticed that the top edge of the windshield where the roof meets the glass there's a very shallow but noticeable gap. Did another piece of trim get blown out perhaps or is it supposed to be like this? See the pics I posted.

Just looking for answers/solutions if something needs to be repaired but hope that damned carwash didn't mess anything up majorly and I'm just being overdramatic about it.

Thanks for your time. IMG_20221103_203107.jpg IMG_20221103_203142.jpg IMG_20221103_203147.jpg IMG_20221103_203750.jpg

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
I think that seal falls apart easily. Mine looks way worse than yours. I think tasca sells a replacement for it.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know it's a common issue and nothing that would require a windshield replacement or something. I guess the empty channel at the top of the glass on USDM models is to channel water down as I found a thread about that as well and Euro versions have stripping along the top but we don't in the USA. I will look for that tasca thread. Thanks STDude.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My wife's Fiesta SE had a similar problem when I take it through the car wash. The vertical piece clips into the bottom piece underneath. and I retrieved the part from the car wash. The last time it stayed in place. Normally get them to tape the top to stop it being pulled out. That works well. I replaced both sides on my ST with no problems.

OP
O
Thread Starter #5
My wife's Fiesta SE had a similar problem when I take it through the car wash. The vertical piece clips into the bottom piece underneath. and I retrieved the part from the car wash. The last time it stayed in place. Normally get them to tape the top to stop it being pulled out. That works well. I replaced both sides on my ST with no problems.
But what about that bottom part that looks "melted" in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pics I posted? Not sure when or how that happened and I find it hard to believe it was from the hot water (if they use that there) from the car wash. I couldn't find a part on that Tasca site for the bottom portion of the windshield. I still have both vertical side pieces in and popped the passenger one back in yesterday, no clips broken. It just looks like the lip of the side pieces aren't "folding" under the windshield though if that makes sense. Maybe they aren't supposed to though.