Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member here, just bought a 2016 Magnetic Fist

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, I'm Anthony. Been wanting an ST for a few years and was happy to finally roll off the lot in my new 2016 Fiesta. I'll post pics in the morning but so far me and my wife and kids love the thing. Ony question I have is regarding the break in period, What is the proper way to break her in?[emoji1]
Congrats on the new FiST! Can't wait to see pics of the magnetic! [woot] As for "break-in", you'll hear 100 different "opinions"... [giggle]. There are two main competing theories here, break it in "hard" or break it in "smart". Either way you'll get an eyefull from both sides. lolz [:p]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
This, but skip to post #12.
Yes because some "mechanic" that went to trade school thinks that's the best way to break-in an entire drivetrain (motorcycles at that). [rolleyes] lol. I'm an engineer who worked in the field for 16 years and have seen it all and heard it all. Some of it is old wives tales, but like they say opinions are like @holes (everyone has one, especially on this there internet thingy.. heh). My best advice is to do your own research and ask alot of questions. We can't all have access to engine designers/developers, but whatev's. LOL

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
With that said, if you don't plan on keeping the car long, break-in doesn't really matter (much).