Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner

So I just bought a 2016 FiSt I was curious about what I can do to just take it to the track just as a get to feel the car with a stock setup first I plan on playing with everything later when I’m done with college in a couple months do you guys have any suggestions

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just roll it the way it is and get used to it..... Then change things you feel you don't like or think will make it better to suit your driving style! Any who.....Welcome to the asphalt Jungle!

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine. Mine is a DD, so no tracking. I only did HP/Trq mods. No suspension mods for a while. LSD will be the next big ticket item when my Military Reserve Retirement kicks in.

Attachments

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I would strongly recommend that you have the windows down and the heater blowing hi and hot! I don't know what part of the country you are in when you are tracking it. But if it's a hot day, it will heat soak and go into limp mode after about three or four good laps. Also make sure that you have the stability control set to OFF. It will be a lot easier on the brakes. You should also have a look at the fuse box in the engine compartment and verify that the cooling fan relay is not melted at the base where the pins go into the fuse block. If that relay is fried you can easily overheat the car!
Otherwise, do a close visual inspection of each of the tires you intend to use for the track event. Any bulges, slices, cuts or sidewall damage should be reason to get a different tire! Beyond all that, clear your mind and have fun!