Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New PDX area FiST owner, absolutely loving this car after a month of owning it!

Picked up my ‘19 Fiesta ST about a month ago and I’m totally in love with this little car. Have taken it up and down some of my favorite mountain and canyon roads and it has never failed to bring a massive smile to my face!

I picked it up from a dealership that didn’t know much about the car, but so far I’ve been able to figure out that the owner has done some really nice things to it. From what I can tell, the previous owner added a full COBB stage 3 kit, BC coilovers, FSwerks short throw, and several aesthetic “upgrades” (spec D tailights, spoiler extension, leather wrapped armrest, and a lot more). Also came with Sparco Pro Corsa wheels that are wrapped in Advan A052’s that have provided absolutely stupid levels of grip to the car.

The car did not come with an accessport so I picked one up off of this forum and just got a Stratified tune thrown in it, and let me just say holy S!$T is this thing quick now! I also added the powerflex upper engine & transmission mount inserts which really helped bring the car together as a whole.

My current modification plans for the car are:

1: New wheels/tires for the PNW fall/winter/early spring. I really don’t want to eat up these lovely tires during the cold months when I can’t really drive it hard anyway.

2: Rear torsion brace and front 4 or 6 point brace (debating between Summit or Pierce).

3: Turbo upgrade once I have it paid off. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years.

Attachments

anticon

Welcome to another in the area. Hopefully, I'll see you around. There are some good hills and curvy roads out southwest of PDX. They are short but fun. Also, the WORST Facebook group is a good group.

OP
V
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to another in the area. Hopefully, I'll see you around. There are some good hills and curvy roads out southwest of PDX. They are short but fun. Also, the WORST Facebook group is a good group.
There are definitely some really fun roads down there! Especially coming up/over from Newberg, through Hillsboro, to North Plains/Skyline Road. Haven't had the chance to make that run quite yet, but it is definately on my list before the weather gets too bad. I've mostly stuck to northern Clark County area roads (Amboy, Yacolt, Merwin Lake area) as I actually live in Vancouver. Hoping to find somewhere close-ish to track this little thing. I know there is autocross at PIR, but I really want to see how it feels at full tilt on a track day.

Zormecteon

YeeHAaaaa.....

I'm up in Kelso where you can get to a good drive in minutes. .. Kinda spoiled... I drove another car up to Seattle to show a friend. He wanted a drive, but there was really NO WHERE to show him anything close to capabilities... It even took me the better part of an hour just to leave... .. No point having a fast car in the city. Be glad you're in Vancouver where you can access good drives relatively quickly.

Oh, Welcome to the Forum.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome to the Bungle in the Jungle, I've had my 19 Shadow Black ST for about a month now, mine is all stock, nice you scored one with some mods already.

There are definitely some really fun roads down there! Especially coming up/over from Newberg, through Hillsboro, to North Plains/Skyline Road. Haven't had the chance to make that run quite yet, but it is definitely on my list before the weather gets too bad. I've mostly stuck to northern Clark County area roads (Amboy, Yacolt, Merwin Lake area) as I actually live in Vancouver. Hoping to find somewhere close-ish to track this little thing. I know there is autocross at PIR, but I really want to see how it feels at full tilt on a track day.
Does your car have a larger radiator? Even at AX events we struggle to keep the car from overheating and going into limp mode. This is what has kept me from bothering with an open track day. Registration just opened for the last SCCA AX in Portland.
SCCA SOLO - Autocross - OREGON REGION SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA (oregonscca.com)
Track Night in America is a way to do a abbreviated track day, without the full cost of one (3 sessions vs 5-6 of a full track day, but $150 vs $3-$500), looks like the season is over for PIR though.
Events - Track Night in America
BCA is also another great local AX club, but the last 2 years they have joined with the Salem club to do an Trackcross (autocross on a full size road course, ORP). it lets you see the most amazing track in the area, but keeps the wear and tear down a bit.
Bridge City Autosports | Autocross Schedule (bcautosports.club)

Hopefully see you at an upcoming event!

anticon

I'll have to see if there is a discussion about this in the PNW forum, if not we should start one. I've been slowly working the car and my nerves up to some full track time. I've heard in the past the Porsche club will allow others to run with them at PIR too.

I'll have to see if there is a discussion about this in the PNW forum, if not we should start one. I've been slowly working the car and my nerves up to some full track time. I've heard in the past the Porsche club will allow others to run with them at PIR too.
Discussion on larger radiatiors or?? I am not clear on what your exactly meaning.

And yes Porsche club always allows other makes, several WORST members run with them. I tend to still with SCCA and infill with BCA events as time allows.

anticon

Discussion on larger radiatiors or?? I am not clear on what your exactly meaning.

And yes Porsche club always allows other makes, several WORST members run with them. I tend to still with SCCA and infill with BCA events as time allows.
Sorry, I meant about options for track days or other autocross events in the area
The only one I've done is with BCA at the air museum in McMinnville.

Regarding radiators TBH I haven't had trouble on my 2017, but it could be I haven't driven hard on a hot day.