Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Product - whoosh motorsports Performance Coil Packs

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

While I still believe these things will make ZERO difference on power or how well the car runs in comparison to GOOD factory coils (except in people's minds), I would not expect it to be normative that you lose power either. At worst, these aftermarket coils would be like aftermarket coils on other platforms . . . equivalent performance with less longevity. At best, they are equivalent performance with equivalent longevity . . . and nice aesthetics.

Point being, even as a doubter, I would conclude you either have a bad coil (or multiple bad coils), or something else is going on.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
While I still believe these things will make ZERO difference on power or how well the car runs in comparison to GOOD factory coils (except in people's minds), I would not expect it to be normative that you lose power either. At worst, these aftermarket coils would be like aftermarket coils on other platforms . . . equivalent performance with less longevity. At best, they are equivalent performance with equivalent longevity . . . and nice aesthetics.

Point being, even as a doubter, I would conclude you either have a bad coil (or multiple bad coils), or something else is going on.
I'm just guessing it's something with the adapt-x tune learning. After resetting ECU with the adapt-x, it takes quite a while to settle in. If there was an issue with one of the coils though its not impossible that it would show up as things heat up. I'll let the car do its learning thing, the OAR is still sitting at .5 which means it hasn't started adjusting yet, its normally at -0.88 or so when its at it's meanest.

I just got these, and have about 50 miles on them so far. I thought the "idle smoothing" was exaggerated, but turns out to be totally true. My car idles smoother for sure. I definitely didn't notice my car being faster or slower, but it sure seems to run better at low RPMs and they look badass. No regrets, would buy again for sure. Thanks Whoosh!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'm wondering if there's just something wrong with my set. I have tried all 3 of my paid tunes (stratified stage 2, dizzy stage 2, adapt-x) and they're all reading 20-30 lb/ft lower than the stock coils. But man, so smooth! I'll reach out to Ron and see if he has any diagnostic recommendations. Honestly, they seem to be very very temperature sensitive.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I'm wondering if there's just something wrong with my set. I have tried all 3 of my paid tunes (stratified stage 2, dizzy stage 2, adapt-x) and they're all reading 20-30 lb/ft lower than the stock coils. But man, so smooth! I'll reach out to Ron and see if he has any diagnostic recommendations. Honestly, they seem to be very very temperature sensitive.
Swap back in the stock coils.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hey in the interest of full disclosure, I'm not here to complain about or crap on the coils, I love whoosh's stuff. Just throwing my experience out to the community to see if anyone experienced the same or similar. I emailed Ron and we're talking about it, super responsive and helpful as usual :)

I realized I might've come across as complain-y and wanted to clarify. Whoosh isn't a vendor that has drawn my ire, Ron's always been super supportive even when... I... turned out to be the issue ;)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Dude, if you’re telling the truth, quit apologizing. We can be respectful and fair to our vendors without having to be beholden to the people to which we give our money.
It’s probably from working a stint in technical writing, reviewing, and regulatory compliance. Document everything, sort it later :)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I turned on the misfire monitor. I don't know what the threshold his though - is the target number of misfires zero, or is there a certain number that's acceptable?

There's definitely a delta between the stock coils and the whoosh coils, but I am not sure how many misfires indicates trouble.

For example, drove 5 miles, just normal driving, clocked 9 misfires. Is that bad? Normal?

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I turned on the misfire monitor. I don't know what the threshold his though - is the target number of misfires zero, or is there a certain number that's acceptable?

There's definitely a delta between the stock coils and the whoosh coils, but I am not sure how many misfires indicates trouble.

For example, drove 5 miles, just normal driving, clocked 9 misfires. Is that bad? Normal?
I ran mine for a while and I got sporadic misfires that I never felt. That doesn’t sound concerning to me. Even when I was driving normal it would slowly tick up over time.

When my whoosh coils went bad I noticed it, and I watched the AP tick up to over 100 misfires within a couple seconds when the car stuttered and hesitated.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I ran mine for a while and I got sporadic misfires that I never felt. That doesn’t sound concerning to me. Even when I was driving normal it would slowly tick up over time.

When my whoosh coils went bad I noticed it, and I watched the AP tick up to over 100 misfires within a couple seconds when the car stuttered and hesitated.
Ok cool thanks :)