Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people would like to do a national FiST only meet?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
On another forum I'm on they are doing a national Focus meet in St. Louis called Focus Fest...can we do something like that here too but for Fiesta STs only? I don't mind driving some place central to meet everyone.[lovest]

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I think it would be pretty awesome, but it might be something more plausible after a year or so with these things on the streets.
Better numbers, potential aftermarket support is more likely to show up as well.

And after a year or so you'd have better sales numbers (hopefully) to see if the turnout will be worth the drive.

I went to something like this with the SVT Focus in Carlisle, PA, but I believe it was mostly an East Coast thing (Ford Nationals I believe).

I would imagine that a US meet would be a logistic nightmare.

Im in for this. With my Civic, I've attended the 8thgen Civic Fest meet. Tons and tons of civics came out.

Check out my walk around video (pics actually) Mute the music if your offended by the language in the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZ41HUzaNQ
I could only get through about 20 seconds...no offense but looking at a Civic is like, so boring....I only have eyes for the FiST

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I am looking forward to this if we can make it happen....it will give me a good excuse to go on a looooooong drive out [driving]

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Anyone have any experience to setup a large meet haha?

I think it would be fun. Teaming up with people along the way and cruising there in a group would be a blast also

I think maybe regional meets would be a little more reasonable.. I am on the east coast, and wouldnt want to go all the way to the west coast for a meet. I'm sure the west coasters would feel the same, and lets be honest... Nobody wants to go to the midwest.. lol, just kidding guys..

But in all reality, due to work and what not, I probably wouldnt be able to do anything more than about an 8 hr drive tops thanks to a crazy work schedule.. It is hard enough for me to even get a full weekend..

Be cool to have a Website linking all the regional FiST clubs together. ST Nation! I know there are the .Org and .Net forums too. Incentives like Raffles and Gear would be great. Plus, get a short movie made about your ride. That would be sweet!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Be cool to have a Website linking all the regional FiST clubs together. ST Nation! I know there are the .Org and .Net forums too. Incentives like Raffles and Gear would be great. Plus, get a short movie made about your ride. That would be sweet!
We've got regional sections here. The more guys we can get on one forum, the easier it'd be!

An ST meet (FoST/FiST) would be awesome

Perry

I think maybe regional meets would be a little more reasonable.. I am on the east coast, and wouldnt want to go all the way to the west coast for a meet. I'm sure the west coasters would feel the same, and lets be honest... Nobody wants to go to the midwest.. lol, just kidding guys..

But in all reality, due to work and what not, I probably wouldnt be able to do anything more than about an 8 hr drive tops thanks to a crazy work schedule.. It is hard enough for me to even get a full weekend..
To be honest, I'm not sure you ARE kidding about coasties wanting to drive into fly-over country for a meet. A two-or-three-day drive to meet for a weekend in Cleveland or (ahem) Kansas City? Not floating everybody's boat, I'll admit that. But to get someone to drive from, say, Philadelphia, to, oh, I dunno, Sacramento is a tough sell, too. If we could get it going, perhaps with a commitment to rotate it central/west/east, and make sure the first two or three are good, fun events, we might be onto something. But it'll be tough.

Cleveland wouldn't actually be that far for me (I know because I unfortunately have a lot of family up there), and I still wouldn't go to a meet there.. So I guess I really wasn't kidding. hahaha