Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Newb with 1.6L ecoboost swap project

MFdoom

Active Military
I currently have a 1995 2.3l sohc Ford Ranger 4x2 that I am working on. The goal is to take a 1.6L ecoboost motor from a fiesta ST, mate it to a 6spd out of an RX8, and throw it around the track every now and then. I also own a 17' Focus RS. Definitely looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys! And picking up some used parts.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I currently have a 1995 2.3l sohc Ford Ranger 4x2 that I am working on. The goal is to take a 1.6L ecoboost motor from a fiesta ST, mate it to a 6spd out of an RX8, and throw it around the track every now and then. I also own a 17' Focus RS. Definitely looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys! And picking up some used parts.
I don't know anything about motor swaps, but have you considered the 2.3EB out of the Ranger or Mustang? Wouldn't it be easier that those motors are already designed to be longitudinal?

OP
MFdoom

MFdoom

Active Military
Thread Starter #3
I considered the 2.0L and 2.3L but the issues with fitment were a tad out of my comfort level. The 1.6L ecoboost has a huge following in the kit car community. There are quite a few guys making custom mounts to mount the engine longitudinal.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I considered the 2.0L and 2.3L but the issues with fitment were a tad out of my comfort level. The 1.6L ecoboost has a huge following in the kit car community. There are quite a few guys making custom mounts to mount the engine longitudinal.
That's cool, I had a 97 2.3 Ranger and always thought the 1.6 would be perfect in it. We are planning to buy a Maverick to scratch that minitruck itch.

OP
MFdoom

MFdoom

Active Military
Thread Starter #6
That's cool, I had a 97 2.3 Ranger and always thought the 1.6 would be perfect in it. We are planning to buy a Maverick to scratch that minitruck itch.
Yeah I really wanted one of those but started tracking the RS and really wanted to have project to work on. So a widebody 1.6L ecoboost Ranger is what happened. Lol