Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nice Job fomoco! Outboard HVAC vent Replacement DIY

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here is a little mini DIY Thread for the Replacement of both the outboard HVAC dash vent that like to break. I'd suggest checking yours out to see if the flaps are broken.

Step 1

List of tools.

Plastic trim removal stick with the 90° angle so no marring of anything is possible unless your plus one chromosome. If thats case just STOP and let someone else takeover. This job on a 1-10 scale 1 being easy as pie.....10 being Rocket surgery... This is a 2 on its worst day. A Beer is optional here also....I prefer it....But do as you wish. A flash light may also be needed to see broken piece of the Vent in the HVAC housing.

Step 2

Use plastic trim stick and pry back the lip if the vent towards yourself. Then just shimmy it back and forth. It will pull right out.

Step 3

Inspect Vent....find out this awesome piece of Trashs economic engineering failure points. These are both sides also* found one piece in the duct down a little ways.

Step 4 install new Vents

They'll just push right in! Nice and easy...like watching your drunk large brother fall down like a symphony at the opera. I also removed the outer chrome Rings on the old vent for future idiots who could scuff up the new rings on the vents. They pop right off with some Finesse and the trim stick you just used.

Step 5 - Find old Childhood fully operational ULTIMATOR foam Rocket firing Bazooka. So... stoked to shoot this at squirrels in my yard! Drink my beer and let the Mayhem begin!

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Which part usually breaks on these?
When you push on the vents to open or close them. They no longer close in harmony together. The piece on the arm breaks on the back side. I've done this once under warranty and now both out of warranty. ferd wanted $55 per vent I said ....yeah EAD. Found them both online for $60 shipped from an online warehouse....FYI.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Nice writeup!

To clarify, when you were prying behind the chrome trim, did you remove the trim first? Or did the whole thing pop out as one piece?

Also, I've seen videos on YT where it seemed like people had to really push their plastic trim tool deep down in there to get at the three tabs that are located back further. You didn't have to do that? Just some prying around the edges was able to dislodge it? In one video I saw, one of the three plastic tabs bent backwards, making it even more difficult for it to be removed.