Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

No throttle input and stalling in idle - no codes

I have a 2016 ST and I’m literally standing in an auto hobby shop with all the exact same issues. Trying to figure out where that FLP sensor is so I can unplug it.
Did your issue turn out to be the same sensor? Curious because I am having similar issues.

Thanks [MENTION=1783]Bosnian Fiesta[/MENTION] for all of the great info!

Did your issue turn out to be the same sensor? Curious because I am having similar issues.

Thanks [MENTION=1783]Bosnian Fiesta[/MENTION] for all of the great info!
Yeah that’s exactly what it was. I need to order the new part still. I got hit by a Jeep while stopped for a pedestrian at a crosswalk right after I fixed it (unplugged it) and kinda forgot about it. Car was in the shop for almost 3 months because they had to order the pets from the US.

Thank you for this information. I replaced the high pressure fuel pump, fuel rail pressure sensor, fuel pump driver module, and the fuel pump cam follower trying to figure out my problem. I had seen this thread and decided to unplug my low pressure sensor, and problem fixed! Appreciate the detailed information you had given! @Bosnian Fiesta

I am having this issue atm. Took it ford as I have two weeks until my MA thesis is due and I had no time to figure it out myself. They cleared the codes and tried to recreate the problem but could not. I thought it was something to do with charge pipes or boost solenoid. Glad to find this awesome thread. However I am having a hard time finding the part. The diagrams of fordparts and the number (9F972) you provided seem related to the high pressure sensor on the fuel rail. Do these sensors have the same part number? Also I am having trouble identifying the location of the sensor so that I can unplug it. Did you need to remove the cowl or the crossover pipe to get to it? Any additional help would be much appreciated.

I am assuming it is this one>(https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/f...pumps/sensor-fuel-injector-pressure-7872979-1 )
As opposed to this one (https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/f...pumps/sensor-fuel-injector-pressure-7827643-1 )

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am having this issue atm. Took it ford as I have two weeks until my MA thesis is due and I had no time to figure it out myself. They cleared the codes and tried to recreate the problem but could not. I thought it was something to do with charge pipes or boost solenoid. Glad to find this awesome thread. However I am having a hard time finding the part. The diagrams of fordparts and the number (9F972) you provided seem related to the high pressure sensor on the fuel rail. Do these sensors have the same part number? Also I am having trouble identifying the location of the sensor so that I can unplug it. Did you need to remove the cowl or the crossover pipe to get to it? Any additional help would be much appreciated.

I am assuming it is this one>(https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/f...pumps/sensor-fuel-injector-pressure-7872979-1 )
As opposed to this one (https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/f...pumps/sensor-fuel-injector-pressure-7827643-1 )
What was your Fix for this problem?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I Know this is digging from the dead...but your Assumption is correct! Just for those who read this thread....I too also did this sensor and it alieved my issue. The ferd dealer told me they are given out like candy and the FRP sensor on the Rail isn't stocked at there location as if it was a issue they would stock it.

I Know this is digging from the dead...but your Assumption is correct! Just for those who read this thread....I too also did this sensor and it alieved my issue. The ferd dealer told me they are given out like candy and the FRP sensor on the Rail isn't stocked at there location as if it was a issue they would stock it.
Sorry for the delayed response. I don't get on here enough. This was indeed the correct part. I was able to feel around for the sensor and get it removed. Was easy enough, albeit awkward, to replace using an adjustable wrench. I have not had any issues since. However, my mpg is on average a little lower than usual.

Great thread, I don't even have a FiST but my 1.0 focus was having the same issues. I replaced both fuel pumps, the fuel rail sensor, and the fuel pump control module, the condition barely improved. Saw this thread, unplugged the low pressure sensor, no issues. Ordered a new one. Thanks again for this thread.