Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

noob FIST owner from NC

Hey all, noob from NC. A couple of weeks ago I traded in my 07 MK5 GTI for a 2015 FIST. Absolutely love the little pocket rocket but I'm seeing some mechanical similarities between the FIST and the GTI. I guess it would make sense since they're both are made in Germany but I was watching a video on how to change the timing belt on the FIST and I was surprised of all the same components on both cars. cam bucket = FIST, cam follower = GTI........Anyway, I digress. :unsure::giggle:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey all, noob from NC. A couple of weeks ago I traded in my 07 MK5 GTI for a 2015 FIST. Absolutely love the little pocket rocket but I'm seeing some mechanical similarities between the FIST and the GTI. I guess it would make sense since they're both are made in Germany but I was watching a video on how to change the timing belt on the FIST and I was surprised of all the same components on both cars. cam bucket = FIST, cam follower = GTI........Anyway, I digress. :unsure::giggle:
Hold on there Scooter..... This little Gem isn't all made in Germany. The Body is done in Mexico....just wait...you will find out the hard way like the rest of us. Enjoy![driving]

OP
F
Thread Starter #13
Hello from Gaston County bruv! do you have a mod list in mind or are you going to enjoy it in its original form?
I think for right now I’m going to enjoy it stock but ask me next year and I’ll already have an Accessport. Lol!! How about you? What do you have for mods?

OP
F
Thread Starter #14
Hold on there Scooter..... This little Gem isn't all made in Germany. The Body is done in Mexico....just wait...you will find out the hard way like the rest of us. Enjoy![driving]
I think I do remember reading something about Mexico being in the mix somewhere in making these cars. I guess my only concern is being a vw fan for many years it got frustrating every time I sneezed hard a check engine light would come on. I’m just hoping with the FiST history doesn’t repeat itself. Thanks for the welcome!

OP
F
Thread Starter #16
Welcome to the forum! I'm right up the road here in Charlotte, NC.
If you ever want someone to wrench with, shoot me a PM!
Thanks for the offer, and welcome. I may take you up on the offer. The first thing I may do is check out the cam bucket to see if there’s an excessive wear. It Currently has 61k on it so not sure how it will look

Welcome! Im located over western side and just recently got my ST as well. Had to travel a bit to get it, not a lot over here lol.

I think for right now I’m going to enjoy it stock but ask me next year and I’ll already have an Accessport. Lol!! How about you? What do you have for mods?

my mods? a lot lol. high flow cat, intercooler, Mountune Intake hose with a K&N filter, Whoosh turbo, GFB DV, Tune+ actuator, 2 point rear brace, 4 point front brace. 17x8 Konig Hypergrams with Dunlop Direzza ZIII's. tuned by Tune+

i am waiting until my year end bonus to get an exhaust manifold from Whoosh. the Whoosh turbo does *not* like to be attached to the stock manifold. the spool time is so much worse now than stock so i am willing to shell out an extra 800 bucks or so for somebody to replace it for me. after that it will be an aux fuel setup for i can run E30. i am really hoping that Tune+ can figure out the Bosch injectors so i can run E50 and reach the full potential of the turbo.

OP
F
Thread Starter #19
my mods? a lot lol. high flow cat, intercooler, Mountune Intake hose with a K&N filter, Whoosh turbo, GFB DV, Tune+ actuator, 2 point rear brace, 4 point front brace. 17x8 Konig Hypergrams with Dunlop Direzza ZIII's. tuned by Tune+

i am waiting until my year end bonus to get an exhaust manifold from Whoosh. the Whoosh turbo does *not* like to be attached to the stock manifold. the spool time is so much worse now than stock so i am willing to shell out an extra 800 bucks or so for somebody to replace it for me. after that it will be an aux fuel setup for i can run E30. i am really hoping that Tune+ can figure out the Bosch injectors so i can run E50 and reach the full potential of the turbo.
oh wow!!!! it begs to ask what hp are you making? Have you had it dyno’ed yet? I’ve been curious to what numbers you can get from this engine

OP
F
Thread Starter #20
Welcome! Im located over western side and just recently got my ST as well. Had to travel a bit to get it, not a lot over here lol.
Thanks, I hear you, I’ve been known to travel a few states to pick up the car I want. What color did you decide on?