Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not for sale turbo upgrade.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
It's still a working progress, the new tip sensor should help. I'm currently trying to keep it at a 29psi peak and I am super slowing raising the upper boost levels. But it can prob goto 32psi or so, many more at least in the earlier RPM's ( like 5800rpm ).

The multiport meth nozzle tuning is going to be interesting :)

Timing is still lower than normal for me :)

Driving this is AC beats driving my Lexus, lol. I sold the Lexus last night to a relative for $800. Paid $1500 for the Yukon with AC :)
nice!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
[MENTION=3110]BronxBomber[/MENTION]

Sourskittle' first hybrid turbo !! This is how long we've been at this type of thing, lol. 2003

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #184
Daaamn! What did you use to tune? Did Cobb have the AP 1 back then?
Company called "apexi" made a hand held tuner called "AFC" air fuel controller. It basically changed the map signal from what it is, to what it wanted it to be. The trick was... To increase the size of the factory injectors to 40% larger than stock. Then, use the AFC to remove -40% of the fuel via the map. What your left with is a car that idles like normal. When boost comes on, the map signal increases, and adds more fuel, but since your using big 40% larger injectors it's enough to fuel a boost engine. The only issue is... You would run out of map voltage around 12psi. But 12psi on a 2200lbs Honda was pretty nice. The hybrid wrx turbo was freaking awesome too !!

The issue with the "AFC" hack is that the lower your map signal was, the more the naturally aspirated Ecu would increase spark timing. High timing, and boost were not always so cool. I could change a SOHC Honda head gasket in 45min lol.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Company called "apexi" made a hand held tuner called "AFC" air fuel controller. It basically changed the map signal from what it is, to what it wanted it to be. The trick was... To increase the size of the factory injectors to 40% larger than stock. Then, use the AFC to remove -40% of the fuel via the map. What your left with is a car that idles like normal. When boost comes on, the map signal increases, and adds more fuel, but since your using big 40% larger injectors it's enough to fuel a boost engine. The only issue is... You would run out of map voltage around 12psi. But 12psi on a 2200lbs Honda was pretty nice. The hybrid wrx turbo was freaking awesome too !!

The issue with the "AFC" hack is that the lower your map signal was, the more the naturally aspirated Ecu would increase spark timing. High timing, and boost were not always so cool. I could change a SOHC Honda head gasket in 45min lol.
Yeah, I remember Apexi and HKS Power FC, and Greddy E-manage. Cobb came out with the Accesport shortly after because I bought my accesport v2 in 2007 and it had been out fora war and a half at that point

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #187
I used it on my srt4 as well, lol. I purposely over fueled it, then used the s-AFC to remove the extra fuel, all in an effort to increase spark timing. The srt4 had zero support at the time besides dodge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #189
Went out to Mexico last night...

Went from a 3rd gear roll with my friends big turbo fost ( GTX2867 with larger turbine housing and all the bolt-ons ). I got him 2 out of 3 races to 140mph !!!
I didn't think I'd have a chance since I've seen some of the cars he's dispatched, and he ran 12.6 on a 96 degree day.

But, while I most def was not building this setup to race with him, I have to admit, it's nice to know the car is in that spectrum of speed.

Also made a built big turbo WRX feel bad while we were down there ( but it was a bad ass running wrx, normally those cars drive 5mph below the speed limit on the highway to get us to leave them alone. This one def ran awesome ).

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Went out to Mexico last night...

Went from a 3rd gear roll with my friends big turbo fost ( GTX2867 with larger turbine housing and all the bolt-ons ). I got him 2 out of 3 races to 140mph !!!
I didn't think I'd have a chance since I've seen some of the cars he's dispatched, and he ran 12.6 on a 96 degree day.

But, while I most def was not building this setup to race with him, I have to admit, it's nice to know the car is in that spectrum of speed.

Also made a built big turbo WRX feel bad while we were down there ( but it was a bad ass running wrx, normally those cars drive 5mph below the speed limit on the highway to get us to leave them alone. This one def ran awesome ).

Naughty naughty didn't your momma tell you street racing is dangerous[lovest]

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #191
It's oddly perfectly legal in Mexico...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #193

Pretty cool comparison of my buddies full bolt-on BT GTX2867 Focus ST on E40 DHM tune.
Vs
My full bolt-on fiesta ST with TD04HL-22T on 93oct and meth injection.

His car is the 1st or 2nd fastest fost on a stock fuel system at 12.6 in the 1/4.

Just a neat graph I thought I'd share.

While the focus wins on power, it's rough making up that 400+ weight disadvantage ( we scale these cars btw ).

Never mind the dip on the focus graph, happens sometimes when you shift.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #194

And this isn what happens when the temps/humidity drops in Florida and 3rd gear rolling logs are not reliable anymore :(

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
You need better tires.

Without a doubt. I rode in Sour Skittle's car and it is traction impaired even with a 235 width. Bryan, I told you before, I'm your tire guy. Let me know when you want to take the plunge and we can get you some good sticky tires for not a lot of bread[cheers]