Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Now onto my second Fiesta ST! Figured out some problems already.

Jennym62

Hi everyone! I have used this forum to help me solve lots of problems so thank you in advance!

Anyway! I first purchased a 2014 Fiesta ST brand new in 2013 (no fancy Recaros or anything like that just base) and drove that for 6 years and 110,000 miles with never a single problem.

Two cars later I decided to trade in and buy another one, mostly for fuel efficiency this past November. I got a 2017 with the Recaros with 86,000 miles on it. It drives great, though I have already noticed three problems with it.

First problem,

The door ajar light comes on randomly for about a minute or sometimes stays on for hours, really annoying. especially when the alarm goes off at night. Though I have figured it out! The annoying thing about the Fiesta is it doesn't tell you which door as ajar. But...if you upgrade your Sync software (I did via the Cyanlabs updater worked perfectly, I have version 3.4 build 22251) which door, or hood or trunk is open will now show on the screen! Flipping sweet! I assumed mine was the trunk but it was in fact the hood that keeps popping up as open. I'm trying to decide if I should just jumper the connection to save money or buy a new latch assembly. I'll attach a pic of the screen showing the driver door open.

thumbnail_image0.jpg

Second Problem,

My trunk leaks. I keep decks of playing cards in the side pocket on the right hand side of the trunk, I grabbed them the other day and they had gotten soaked and bloated somehow. Then I looked under my spare and there is quite the puddle under there. Good thing though, I found great videos on here that show exactly how to fix that. Though with it being winter in Massachusetts and I don't have a garage, that probably won't be getting fixed until it warms up outside.

Third problem,

How do those of you with Recaro seats get in out out with ease? I am 5'5" and not big at all yet I still find it really awkward to get in and out of the car. Any tips will be appreciated!

Besides those three easy things I am very happy to have the Fiesta ST back!

Thanks for reading my post!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Starting with 3. My wife is also short, and her solution is to slide the seat all the way back every time she gets out of the car. For me at 6' I can leave the seat where I like it for driving.

The hatch leak (or sunroof leak) issues have been well documented on the forum, as you've found.

OP
J

Jennym62

Thread Starter #3
Starting with 3. My wife is also short, and her solution is to slide the seat all the way back every time she gets out of the car. For me at 6' I can leave the seat where I like it for driving.

The hatch leak (or sunroof leak) issues have been well documented on the forum, as you've found.
Thanks Steve! I'll experiment with doing that!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
As far as getting into the Recaro seats goes, I get in with my back towards the shifter. I grip the bolster with my left hand, and keep that hand between the seat and my lower back, then gently rotate my legs around to face the steering wheel. I find this keeps my back from getting twisted around, and also protects the seat bolster from getting torn up by having your whole body weight sliding across it every time you get in and out.
It will always be a little trickier getting into a heavily bolstered seat like this, that's the trade-off for the way it holds you in solidly while you're whipping the car around. Hope this little method helps.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's the way I get in and out of mine too. Push the seat back to the rear position and then slide my legs out. Get back in and bring the seat to a more forward position. The problem arises when I have to drive my wife's Fiesta SE, as the seat will not go back any further. Hate that car!

OP
J

Jennym62

Thread Starter #8
Check to see if your car has any recalls, there was one for door latches.
Thank you. My vin was not part of any recalls. Since this post I was in my car and the hood open warning came up on my screen while I was driving. That was the culprit, I ordered a new latch assembly.