Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Brake Pads

I know that this question has been asked over and over and over again and I know it’s a little controversial but I really want to know if I'm getting the right OEM Pads. (Yes, I searched for the topic but every thread contradicts the other one).

Which ones are the performance brake pads? I don't care about the dust at all, I just don't want to get the confort ones.

I took my car to have the pads changed and when my brother picked it up (since I'm out of town) turns out that they installed some non-OEM ceramic pads ("Ruville" is the brand) that I didn't ask for, so they told me that I can take my car again to have the pads replaced but I want to go and tell 'em "This is the part number that I want to get, nothing different" so I can now for sure that I'm getting what I'm expecting.

Do any of you know the part number for the Performance ones that are super dusty (since those are the ones that I want)? Is it the “E” or “D” suffix?

AY1Z - 2001 - D
AY1Z - 2001 - E

I was told that the aggresive ones are the "D", I just need to confirm if that's correct.

Thank you!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
My recommendation- going forward - to do the brakes yourself. Eliminates the problem. Not sure why you’d want the dusty ones - if you’re looking for “performance”, there are plenty of alternatives. (Fully appreciating that I haven’t actually answered your question...)

OP
TeddsModernLife
Thread Starter #3
My recommendation- going forward - to do the brakes yourself. Eliminates the problem. Not sure why you’d want the dusty ones - if you’re looking for “performance”, there are plenty of alternatives. (Fully appreciating that I haven’t actually answered your question...)
The only reason is "warranty". My dealer said that going aftermarket will void my warranty (for that system).

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The only reason is "warranty". My dealer said that going aftermarket will void my warranty (for that system).
I would challenge this - it is hogwash. This is like saying that you should only run a certain brand gasoline. And, people routinely switch out pads for the track or auto-x. So, how would they even know you used ‘non OEM’ pads? They themselves installed different pads! Nonsense.