Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Wheel Weights of MOST wheels

TempeST

So I was searching for some weights on certain wheels tonight, looking for low weight 4x108 wheel options and came across this. I apologize if this is a repeat thread or post, but I have not seen it anywhere on this forum. I also realize it has a TON of wheels that do not fit our 4x108 pattern, but with some members going in the 4x100 conversion route, I thought it would cover a lot of theirs as well. I hope this helps people out and if not, well, I found it helpful in searching for my wheels. it definitely narrowed down my choices. Happy searching

http://www.andysautosport.com/learning_center/buyers_guides/wheel_weights/

Kyle

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Nice thread:)

Some are a bit dated like 949 racing are now roll form and weigh less, Konig has quite a few roll formed wheels as well in 4x100 at very good prices though mostly in 15" some 17's now available and more to come due to the 2016 Miata going back to 4x100, 16's likely to not happen though they have the Enkei RPF1 in 16x8 and some heavier 16x7's.

This site has the actual weight per wheel according to the offset which can change the weight a fair amount, great company to order from, I have bought many wheels from them over the years.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Parts/Miata/Wheels-Tires/Wheels.html

Most of the 17's are in the 2016 area.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Parts/MX5ND/Wheels-Tires/Wheels.html

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #3
Thanks! I want RPF1s SO BADLY, but I just can't talk myself into the 4x100 swap. Thanks for the links. I realize it is outdated a bit, but it has a lot of the popular wheels most people would want. I want some 16x8s but I also don't want to follow the band wagon of the pro race 1.2s. My options are very slim. Im not sure I want to go as small as 15's fighter. as I do not actually do anything other than an occasional Auto cross here in Hawaii, however I would probably buy a set when I get back Mainland from Hawaii and can finally get on the track again. So I have come to the conclusion of looking for 16X8, 16X7.5, or 17X7.5 w/215-45-17. I'm at a loss. I know a lot of people hate Rota, but the Rota Blitz is looking very promising. light weight and a very nice design. however at the price I could get some from the UK to US I could do a 4x100 swap and get RPF1s... Decisions decisions.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I fully understand where you are coming from and like to do what others don't but will do so if it is the only real choice at the time.

If you go with 17's I would stick with 205/45/17, the 215/45/17 will almost always be to tall and heavier and ultimately less performance than the smaller tire but also look at actual specs as mentioned on other threads, many tires are far different than it would seem using some calculator and markings on the sidewalls.

I just looked up all the tires in 16 and most in 17 and always looking at tires anyway to get all the data from them, tests, reviews, etc.....if you want a tire that can be great on the street, handle a decent amount of rain, track and autocross, probably only one or two that will do it all with the fewest compromises but the wheel size has to be determined first to pick the best one.

I have owned quite a few sets of RPF1's and loved them but they have a small inner barrel so likely not fit over the WW BBK and if you get back into tracking you might want or need bigger brakes.

I have ran Rota in the past, street, autocross and track and no issues but I never ran them for many events and picked the stronger designs, 18x9.5 for track and 18x10.5 for autocross on a highly modded and very fast Forster XT.

I just looked at a picture of the Blitz, it is one of the stronger designs they make so probably pretty good. I did not find them in 16x8, do you have a link to them, weight, offset, etc?

There are the forged wheel options but in all honestly, simply not needed when you can buy really great wheels, a full set, for the price of one forged wheel, I am talking about the Konigs but only in 15's and some a bit more costly in 17's or 15" in another brand.

For the time being the RPF1 is the only really good 16x8 for the money, the TD will be a good wheel for less but a bit more weight though hopefully quite reasonable.

If not for hitting the road to the south for the winter in our RV I would order in a Konig Helix in 15x7 to test over my brakes, I think it will fit, then get some 195 AS tires and save nearly 8lbs per corner over the 17x7, 16.8lb wheels and Mich PS AS tires I now have, 15's ride so much better and all that saved weight makes them ride better yet.

I already have ten of those wheels in 15x9 and love them, roll formed, 13.4 lbs, look great, fit my brakes, $1240 shipped!

Original J-Pat

Yea I will end up going to the TD's I put so many hours in and there was nothing in 17x8 that fit what I wanted personally I had to follow the crowd lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I can now get roll formed low weight 17x8 or 9 in 4x100 but no tires I would run on 9's as to tall for the width and to heavy. A 205/45/17 would work well on the 17x8, Konig made Avanti Storm S1, it will be around 16lbs, roll formed so very strong and $214 each prepaid as they are on the way to the dock. But they have more styles in the works I would wait for, if I wanted to run 17's but again the smaller diameter wheels work so much better for this car I am going that route, just making it known more choices in 17" quality and well priced wheels on the way:)

Original J-Pat

Well if I end up buying my car at the end of the lease I'll look into it but most likely I won't keep the FiST :(

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #8
Oh the Blitz only came in 17s sorry for the confusion on that. But I agree with all your statements. I want a low cost light wheels and I want to go down a size, just not sure if I want to go down to 15s I can completely understand why though. I prefer the look of the meaty 16. Especially since my car will most likely not be lowered for a while, due to Hawaiian laws of prohibiting the change of the suspension geometry of the any car without a "recon". Funny how in the state of Hawaii you can literally engine swap have massive smog killing machines under the hood, paint your headlights and tail lights pitch black so they don't work at all but you can't have tires that come outside the fenders(not that I want that at all but for the sake of the argument) and you cannot lower the car beyond the stock height or lift a vehicle beyond stick height without getting what they call recon. Which is basically just saying you are guilty of doing that and if something happens due to my change of suspension I will be liable and only I will. But I can put straight cow manure through my car and pollute the earth with methane gas and they don't care at all. Haha. Ugh. I want to save for some quality suspension anyway. Two more years and I'll be back mainland racing and driving faster than 15-45mph my poor car has only seen 86 twice and that was only for tuning purposes. :(

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Silly laws in some places to say the least.

I got busted on Coronado Island because my "exhaust was to loud", it was not loud, I was not getting on it. A couple insanely loud Harleys went by while the not so pleasant officer refused to answer my nicely asked question as to how he could of picked out my car from dozens going by and he said he pulled me over for having a modified exhaust tip....I had to pull the turbo system, put the car to stock, have it inspected, see the judge...., and my car ran exceptionally clean to boot!

A few miles south thousands of cars come across the boarder with stinky exhaust, bad brakes, bald tires, no insurance and nothing is done about it.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #10
Haha, I know that not funny because it was a headache, but being pulled over for a loud exhaust, and all the while having Harleys drive by, is just funny. Would you happen to have the 4x100 drilled in a BBK? or are you still using the stock brakes? as of now I really have no reason for a BBK but I thought if I change to 4X100 and i buy all new stuff I might as well go ahead and bite the bullet for a BBK as well. (all related to the RPF1s in 16x8) so not too terribly off subject.