Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OffTheWall503's 2016 Magnetic Build Thread

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Got everything put on. Unfortunately the LE Sport was unavailable so I had to "downgrade" to the Kumho Ecsta PS31, it's a little less aggressive but still a "Max Performance Summer Tire." We'll see how they fare.

I really love these wheels, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the finish and fitment after looking at pictures online but after mounting them my worries have subsided. The lowering springs I'm on (H&R Sport) drop the front end a lot and I get occasional rub on the front left corner while making a right hand turn over any road that isn't flat, I'll need to look at the fender liner and the tab where the bumper and fender meet to perhaps shave it down or bend it outward so it rubs less or not at all. I'm also considering just getting the Swift lowering springs as they drop less and would probably not give me issues compared to these.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with how they turned out. The wheels look good. I used aluminum hub rings and Muteki SR35 lug nuts.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got everything put on. Unfortunately the LE Sport was unavailable so I had to "downgrade" to the Kumho Ecsta PS31, it's a little less aggressive but still a "Max Performance Summer Tire." We'll see how they fare.

I really love these wheels, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the finish and fitment after looking at pictures online but after mounting them my worries have subsided. The lowering springs I'm on (H&R Sport) drop the front end a lot and I get occasional rub on the front left corner while making a right hand turn over any road that isn't flat, I'll need to look at the fender liner and the tab where the bumper and fender meet to perhaps shave it down or bend it outward so it rubs less or not at all. I'm also considering just getting the Swift lowering springs as they drop less and would probably not give me issues compared to these.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with how they turned out. The wheels look good. I used aluminum hub rings and Muteki SR35 lug nuts.

^^^SUBLIME!! [twothumb]

Got dammmmmmm that looks good!!! Ridiculously good stance. Those Titans were the perfect choice!

Please update on the swift springs if you make the switch. I would like to go lower, but not soooo much lower than stock. H&Rs are too low for me and my driveway :/

Killer look!!!!!!!

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #75
Pulled the trigger on a set of Swift Spec-R springs from [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]. I was hoping I could wait a bit but after driving for the last day or two, it rubs more than I'd like. It's literally a game of millimeters that cause me to rub, and I don't want to roll my fenders or modify anything so I'll gain an extra .2 to .3 inches on the Swift springs and have no worries after that.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Pulled the trigger on a set of Swift Spec-R springs from [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]. I was hoping I could wait a bit but after driving for the last day or two, it rubs more than I'd like. It's literally a game of millimeters that cause me to rub, and I don't want to roll my fenders or modify anything so I'll gain an extra .2 to .3 inches on the Swift springs and have no worries after that.
Have heard nothing but good things about Swifts springs, any reason for not going for Coilovers, except cost I take it?

Sent from my CIA monitored device

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
The Swift springs are the best (from what I hear) on the stock shocks and like you mentioned, I had a set budget for this. Plus it gives a better drop than Eibach but less than H&R.

Maybe I can do coilovers one day but I don't need them for my daily driving right now.

I love those wheels with the magnetic! I'm interested to hear the difference between the current setup and the Swifts once you get them swapped on.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #79
Swift Springs have arrived and now waiting for the Bilsteins to come in, should be putting everything together next weekend.

So on my new Rota wheels I used aluminum hubrings and ever since then, I was getting a creaking noise from each corner at low speeds. I assumed this was a wheel torque issue and checked torque, it was correct. I realized that the metal hubrings were the issue. When putting them on the wheels I had to use grease and a rubber mallet to get them in, I realize now this was the issue since the rings were slightly too big and were probably not seating correctly. I switched to plastic hubrings and the issue is gone.

Ford Community Posts