Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil filter confusion..

Ok so I have owned the fist for one week now and gotta def say it was worth the wait I really like this thing even though I haven't got on the gas hard because I'm overkill ocd and want to be picky about breakin I do not slow down for corners and it just loves it haha. I can def see some traffic fines coming in my future... Anyway put 175 miles on it then wanted to get that oil out put some fresh in run that till 1500 change it again and then keep a regular schedule from there on out. I put the regular motorcraft semi synthetic 5-20 and a factory motorcraft filter well after taking the old one out and crushing it up a bit cause it was on there so damn tight I had to put a wrench on it to get it off.... I noticed it wasn't the same gasket ring size and thread size is the same so I figure no prob it will work but what gives here what's the difference.
[/URL][/IMG]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have found over my many years that what is used in assembly is not available as replacement parts, even when purchased from the dealership.

This has included over the years but is not limited to:

Brake pads, brake rotors, wiper blades, glass, and yes, oil filters.

Dave

The 910 filter is the correct filter for the FiST, no issues there factory filters are a little different.

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
It matched up fine just a bit longer. Yeah it's on there now no issues was just curious what was that other thing they had on there

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
And actually I read somewhere on another thread people going back and forth that the 910 is not the correct filter what gives there?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Motorcraft FL-910S is the correct Oil Filter Replacement...

Copied directly from FiST owners manual....

Capacities and Specs.jpg

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
I see that now. As well looking at the manual.. Dummy me well that makes me feel better. Why in the world then are some guys saying the 910 is not correct its for the non turbo engine and the fl-2057 is for the turbo engine... Where are they getting that info from? I was all worried that I put the wrong one on there obviously it's going to be fine though.

OP
F
Thread Starter #10
Man should of left the factory oil in there longer.

I'm just a bit OCD and believe in changing it right away on a new motor cause that's when the most particles are going to be in the oil on the first bit of running and want to get it out and put fresh in... Over the top most likely I know..

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm just a bit OCD and believe in changing it right away on a new motor cause that's when the most particles are going to be in the oil on the first bit of running and want to get it out and put fresh in... Over the top most likely I know..
Not ocd at all. I changed mine at 100 miles, 600, 1000, 3000, then went full synthetic at 5000.

OP
F
Thread Starter #12
Yep you were def on top of it even more than me I wanted to do it at 100 didn't get to it till 185 actually but yeah I planned on doing it again at 1000-1500 then every 3000 after that till I got over 6-7 k on it then switch to full synthetic

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Dummy me well that makes me feel better. Why in the world then are some guys saying the 910 is not correct its for the non turbo engine and the fl-2057 is for the turbo engine... Where are they getting that info from?
The FL-2057 is the small factory one. The 910S is the recommended. You can even go to the FL-400S which is simply a bigger capacity (longer) than the FL-900S.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3019900