Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Filter - Noticed Something...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
As I was greasing the gasket for install (right one), I noticed something. Then I went and unboxed a second filter (left one) to compare. After noticing that, I did find the tiniest of dents on the side of the damaged filter.

Notice the difference?
Inspect your filters during purchase and install.

Hi Res images below...

Both Filters - NEW
OilFilter1.jpg

Left Filter...
OilFilter2.jpg

Right Filter...
OilFilter3.jpg

haste

1000 Post Club
The filter media inside the can looks like its off center, but that is all I see.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I'm sure it would tolerate it, just the same as putting another 5k on the oil and another 10k on the old filter. But I like for filtering and flow to be great, rather than just "good enough". Lubrication is not one of those things I just shrug away like that.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Yeah a fair percentage of some of those holes were blocked and with the media being allowed to shift like that, what it may do under pressure becomes an unknown element. I took it back for exchange since it was damaged prior to purchase.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I would not use it, the media shifted when they crimped the end plate on. I might use it on a beater, but not my FiST. As a side bar I would not be using a $5 on an ST. I've cut a shit ton of filters open, looking for metal and other trash. Cheap filters are just that cheap. I prefer Wix or Mobile1, Fram are junk, K&N are junk. You can find filter comparisons all over YouTube neither Fram nor K&N fair well usually.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Fram ULTRA (NOT their bottom of the line, 'Orange Can of Death' [nono]) are OK, as are the Amsoil EaO (I don't know who builds these for them, Champion Labs maybe? [dunno]).