Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil level

turdziST

Anyone here with a good tip about how to read a oil level from a dipstick in Fiesta ST 1.5 Ecoboost.
This is mine third Fiesta and it's is virtually impossible to read oil level on Fords dipsticks course oil is everywhere. Ot is so frustrating.

Anyone here with a good tip about how to read a oil level from a dipstick in Fiesta ST 1.5 Ecoboost.
This is mine third Fiesta and it's is virtually impossible to read oil level on Fords dipsticks course oil is everywhere. Ot is so frustrating.
Not sure if we have the same dipsitck in the US as Norway, but ours has a molded grey plastic piece on the end that is to be read, if that helps clarify.

I find new oil very difficult to read as it is very transparent, used oil that has gotten a bit darker is easier to read.

I find this process the "most" successful, and I agree, the Fiesta 1.6EB motor is difficult to read the dipstick of compared to more simple stamped steel options.

1 pull dipstick
2 wipe all oil off of dipstick
3 re-insert dipstick fully
4 remove and then try a bunch of different light angles to get an idea of where the reflective oil is up to compared to the matte molded plastic piece.

I wish ya luck!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
turdziST is asking about the Brit/Euro/rest of world Mk8 ST 1.5 liter 3 pot Ecoboost, which we do not get here, and not even the Euro version of our 4 pot 1.6 (which I am pretty sure also used one of the two different style dip sticks we had installed at the factory for ours over here).

I have no clue what style dip stick is used in the 1.5 3 cylinders.

OP
T

turdziST

Thread Starter #4
Correct I'm asking about 1.5 Ecoboost but I had a similar problem with my previous 1.6 Mk7 ST. Impossible to read. Dipstick comes with gray plastic perforated end but I doesn't help oil is allover the place. So apart from that I can see that there is some oil in the engine it is Impossible to read how much.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Correct I'm asking about 1.5 Ecoboost but I had a similar problem with my previous 1.6 Mk7 ST. Impossible to read. Dipstick comes with gray plastic perforated end but I doesn't help oil is allover the place. So apart from that I can see that there is some oil in the engine it is Impossible to read how much.
I agree that the dipstick is a pain to read. I’ve found that I have to be in just the right lighting or use my flashlight to be able to get an idea of what the level is. Also, as the oil gets older/darker, it becomes easier to see the level