Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Entry Level Coilovers

Looking into buying a set of coilovers soon. I daily drive my FiST in Los Angeles. I drive spiritedly every now and then.

Looking into the K Sport Kontrol Pro Kit from Ron.

I have a college student budget, and I’m simply to looking to get the best bang for my buck.

Any opinions/insight would be helpful, thank you!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Looking into buying a set of coilovers soon. I daily drive my FiST in Los Angeles. I drive spiritedly every now and then.

Looking into the K Sport Kontrol Pro Kit from Ron.

I have a college student budget, and I’m simply to looking to get the best bang for my buck.

Any opinions/insight would be helpful, thank you!
I have the KSports on the Orange Spice 2017
definitely entry level but worth the $
The KSports sit lower and handle better than my spring and bilstein shock combo on the other shop car

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #3
That’s great to hear! I’ve been debating on the whole Shock/Spring combo, but I feel like there’s a lot of moving parts in regards to the install.

With the amount of coilover install videos on YouTube, it seems fairly simple to install the coilovers; opposed to buying a spring compressor and changing over bump stops, etc.

I also notice that you have a yellowspeed coilover option on your site as well.

What are the key differences between K Sport and Yellowspeed? They appear to be fairly similar on paper, other than the price.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
That’s great to hear! I’ve been debating on the whole Shock/Spring combo, but I feel like there’s a lot of moving parts in regards to the install.

With the amount of coilover install videos on YouTube, it seems fairly simple to install the coilovers; opposed to buying a spring compressor and changing over bump stops, etc.

I also notice that you have a yellowspeed coilover option on your site as well.

What are the key differences between K Sport and Yellowspeed? They appear to be fairly similar on paper, other than the price.
you'll find that all the $800-1100 coilovers are VERY similar in many ways including mostly being made in the same factory
Grab the set you like most, I haven't run into a set in the more affordable price range that stands out way beyond the others

OP
djlawson17
Thread Starter #5
Sweet, thank you for the help Ron! You’re the best!

Once tax return season comes around I’ll be ordering those K Sports from you!

Also, one last quick question...

Should I order the PowerFlex rear spring pads with the coilovers? Or are they not completely necessary?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Sweet, thank you for the help Ron! You’re the best!

Once tax return season comes around I’ll be ordering those K Sports from you!

Also, one last quick question...

Should I order the PowerFlex rear spring pads with the coilovers? Or are they not completely necessary?
if your rear pads are showing wear, it's a good replacement that will last a lot longer than OEM