Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Opinions and recommendations on the 1st mod on our FiST

Hello Fiesta ST family!

Pretty new members and FiST owners here. (OK, got the car for my son but I want to enjoy it with him) [biggrin]

We recently purchased a 2015 Fiesta ST and as far as I know, everything is stock. We have researched some things already and have a pretty good direction of what we want to do but
also wanted to get some opinions and recommendations from you guys. Also, just wanted to start posting and interacting with everyone here more.

So .... we are thinking that a good 1st real performance mod to start with is getting the FB1 package from Mountune USA that includes ...

COBB Accessport V3
mountune High Flow Air Filter
mountune roll restrictor (RMM)
mountune Custom Calibration
mountune Badge

This seems like an excellent deal. Especially with the Black Friday discount.

You guys agree? Thoughts, opinions, advice?

Also, I have lots to learn about these cars, engines, turbo systems and all. When ordering this package from Mountune, it has an option to choose the octane level. I think I've come across people talking about how you can tune these for different octane levels? Wasn't sure if there was a quick and easy way to explain that to us newbies.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and we look forward to being part of what seems to be a great community here! [thumb]

Nathan and Nate

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hello Fiesta ST family!

Pretty new members and FiST owners here. (OK, got the car for my son but I want to enjoy it with him) [biggrin]

We recently purchased a 2015 Fiesta ST and as far as I know, everything is stock. We have researched some things already and have a pretty good direction of what we want to do but
also wanted to get some opinions and recommendations from you guys. Also, just wanted to start posting and interacting with everyone here more.

So .... we are thinking that a good 1st real performance mod to start with is getting the FB1 package from Mountune USA that includes ...

COBB Accessport V3
mountune High Flow Air Filter
mountune roll restrictor (RMM)
mountune Custom Calibration
mountune Badge

This seems like an excellent deal. Especially with the Black Friday discount.

You guys agree? Thoughts, opinions, advice?

Also, I have lots to learn about these cars, engines, turbo systems and all. When ordering this package from Mountune, it has an option to choose the octane level. I think I've come across people talking about how you can tune these for different octane levels? Wasn't sure if there was a quick and easy way to explain that to us newbies.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and we look forward to being part of what seems to be a great community here! [thumb]

Nathan and Nate
Yes, that is an EXCELLENT place to start, awesome value since it includes custom tuning for 45 days... FWIW, promo code WINNING has seemed to work year round for 10% off too.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That's an excellent price especially with their 20% off coupon code that works on it. Since we have 93 in North Carolina that's what I would pick for the tune.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That's an excellent price especially with their 20% off coupon code that works on it. Since we have 93 in North Carolina that's what I would pick for the tune.
Looks like you only get 10% off on that unfortunately :(

But I'm looking at the their ST200-like airbox, that does have the full 20% off for $200, hmmm.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Your right. I just put the code in and it worked I didn't see how much It actually took off.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

There is a 20% coupon code? Only code I know that works right now is WINNING which is 10% they did announce an accessport only sale. I have seen nothing else.
I just checked as well amd WINNING will not work with their 10% off sale on the Accessport. With that all said it still works on their other packages.

All said and done though and breaking it down I did the FB3 package for $1199 with the WINNiG code just over a month and half ago.

Got the package for $1079 which worked out to $240 for the Mountune cold air intake, $110 for the RMM,$365 for the Accessport and custom tunes and $365 for the Intercooler.

Not a bad deal at all. I actually chose to sell off the intake as I am in California and if one gets a hood pop the closer to stock looking the better seeing as the Mountune intake was metal I replaced it with a factory ST200 Airbox from Whoosh for the same amount of money! They are the same as the Mountune was the prototype for the factory ST200!

I also want a Tube and fin intercooler for radiator air flow. I got the Mountune cheap enough in,the package that down the road if I go turbo upgrade and want to put a larger intercooler in? i can easily sell the Mountune for close to what I paid for it VS what they cost seperate.

Plus who can argue with a Brand new Accessport for $365 with custom tunes?
I thought this out, its a logical path and financially sound as well.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
BF2018

Just checked it does not work on everything. Tried it on the FB3 package only did 10% . Tried on their chassis brace and did 20% which prices their chassis brace compettively . Also tried on the aluminum radiator and it comes out to $447! I may be picking up a Mountune radiator! Also possibly their chassis brace!

Also tried it on the accessport with filter and it did 10% it did not work on top of the Acceesport itself whiich is on sale for $450 which is still a good deal for an new accessport with tunes.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
There is a 20% coupon code? Only code I know that works right now is WINNING which is 10% they did announce an accessport only sale. I have seen nothing else.
I just checked as well amd WINNING will not work with their 10% off sale on the Accessport. With that all said it still works on their other packages.

All said and done though and breaking it down I did the FB3 package for $1199 with the WINNiG code just over a month and half ago.

Got the package for $1079 which worked out to $240 for the Mountune cold air intake, $110 for the RMM,$365 for the Accessport and custom tunes and $365 for the Intercooler.

Not a bad deal at all. I actually chose to sell off the intake as I am in California and if one gets a hood pop the closer to stock looking the better seeing as the Mountune intake was metal I replaced it with a factory ST200 Airbox from Whoosh for the same amount of money! They are the same as the Mountune was the prototype for the factory ST200!

I also want a Tube and fin intercooler for radiator air flow. I got the Mountune cheap enough in,the package that down the road if I go turbo upgrade and want to put a larger intercooler in? i can easily sell the Mountune for close to what I paid for it VS what they cost seperate.

Plus who can argue with a Brand new Accessport for $365 with custom tunes?
I thought this out, its a logical path and financially sound as well.
You could have just painted the Mountune airbox, they both use stock lid... But yeah, great deal you got!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You could have just painted the Mountune airbox, they both use stock lid... But yeah, great deal you got!
Could have, didnā€™t. Lol just locked down a used Mountune radiator 2 months old of a part out for $375 local! Damn any possible future coolimg issues aced out of the gate!

Last edited:
That $589 FB1 package the OP posted is an excellent value and great place to start. If I didn't already have a accessport in the mail I might go for this. I would recommend the OP also add a value intercooler (maybe that new one woosh is talking about releasing) along with front lower brace and passenger's side poly insert, some basic lowering spring (whiteline is my preference from research) and you are about at the value point of modifying these cars to the value point.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That $589 FB1 package the OP posted is an excellent value and great place to start. If I didn't already have a accessport in the mail I might go for this. I would recommend the OP also add a value intercooler (maybe that new one woosh is talking about releasing) along with front lower brace and trans side poly insert, some basic lowering spring (whiteline is my preference from research) and you are about at the value point of modifying these cars to the value point.
Trans side insert huh? I have the passenger side one in and it made a big difference but also a lot of added vibes and still have the trans side to do... So did you just do the trans side only yourself or? I'm curious why you only recommended that one side...

good catch, I mean the passenger's side. I haven't done either yet. have done similar on other FWD/AWD cars. Which stiffness did you go with? I might go one less than what you did if a stiff one and it's too much for daily street.