Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Overboost Turbo problems? - advice plse..

I have a 70k mile UK 2015 Fiesta ST3 from new that has just been serviced. I'm told by a non ford garage that i may well have an overboost issue with the turbo as when giving it some beans, the service light comes on and the car initially pulls hard and then completely backs of into limp mode. Anything nearing 2500 revs triggers the issue every time. Normal driving of the car is absolutely fine bar a much reduced Mpg. His diagnostic kit wasn't able to pinpoint the exact fault. My local Ford dealer wants £90 for an inspection only...would anyone be able to suggest a better course of action/what the fault might be? as there is clearly something amiss that I'm keen to fix. Being overtaken by a Vauxhall in the week has certainly focused my mind...thanks.
Hi M8 did you figure out why your fist was over boosting I have the same problem I have a VT330R and it has a boost spike.it is set to push 1.5 bar and it spikes sometimes to 1.8 bar right when I press the gas pedal. I changed the solenoid checked the actuator and did a smoke test nothing changed it could use some help here.

Hi M8 did you figure out why your fist was over boosting I have the same problem I have a VT330R and it has a boost spike.it is set to push 1.5 bar and it spikes sometimes to 1.8 bar right when I press the gas pedal. I changed the solenoid checked the actuator and did a smoke test nothing changed it could use some help here.
How is the preload on the wastegate? Are all the solenoid lines ran correctly?

How is the preload on the wastegate? Are all the solenoid lines ran correctly?
yes preload was changed many times being softer and softer until the wastegate was almost open all the time and the turbo spooled slow but still had the problem and yes i cheeked if the solenoid is done correctly