Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OZ 15” Rally Wheel

Being new to the the fiesta/ rally world this may seem like a dumb topic to some, but it’s something that has me wondering.
The 15” oz rally wheels that people like m-sport and other rally teams use are generally impossible to find correct? I know oz does not sell them publicly but I’ve been scouring the internet for used sets but they don’t seem to exist.
Is this normal for those wheels?

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was trying to get a set from M-Sport Cumbria, or even M-Sport Poland, but the 4x108 versions are no longer made, so the only source is yes, R1 Fiesta rally crews/teams selling off their used wheels. [:(]

The only other very high strength (probably even more indestructible than those M-Sport OZeds!), gravel rally grade/spec wheels in our fitment out there are the Speedline Corse 2118s, (for ~$325.00 a wheel [crazyeye], and in a 15x6 size ONLY), from 4 Star Motorsports up in the north country.

OP
elliotrbreheny
Thread Starter #3
Ok so essentially unless you’re in the rally world they are un-obtanium. The next best option I see are the TD Pro Rally wheels.(pic attached) They aren’t super expensive either. Thoughts on those? I’m also going to check out those speedline wheels.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF you can find them, or order them directly from Rimstock in England, which you may have to do now that there is NO U.S./North American based distributor for them, they are stronger than the Method MR501 VTs (which are ALSO no longer made in our fitment [:(]), but still weaker (but slightly less $$$) than the Speedline 2118s.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Those are NOT as strong as all of the wheels mentioned in my post above, but they are relatively strong, and very good looking. [thumb]

That being said, there was an ARA rally crew out of the PAC WEST which ran them on a Limited 2WD class FiST last year (I will not know which wheels they are running this year until I see them at NEFR in mid July), and supposedly never broke one, even on the roughest rallies in the land, so they maybe ARE a bunch stronger than I realized. [dunno]

Oh I am well aware they are not serious WRC-caliber sh!t kickers, but aesthetically they fit the bill and on unpaved roads they have never done me wrong...

I can't say I use them for stump jumping, but I have definitely put them through some hard driving without an issue...and each one is 5 -6 lbs lighter than the stockers which I also appreciated.

I think, at 15", the durability is affected by sidewall stiffness too... some bounce to the ounce with my winters definitely helped.

This setup is why I ended up with 15x7 Ultraleggeras for summer... 13 lbs shed per corner was very enlightening.