Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0236 misfires

Big turbo Fiesta st 2015, recently started getting misfires when under boost like 10 psi +, then after a day of driving it became after 5 psi, and now it's anytime I hit throttle. Threw a code p0236 replaced both sensors multiple times the one on the manifold and one on the charge pipe. This has me scratching my head I haven't been able to figure it out. I've checked for boost leaks and didn't find anything. The car is barely able to hold idle at this point.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Big turbo Fiesta st 2015, recently started getting misfires when under boost like 10 psi +, then after a day of driving it became after 5 psi, and now it's anytime I hit throttle. Threw a code p0236 replaced both sensors multiple times the one on the manifold and one on the charge pipe. This has me scratching my head I haven't been able to figure it out. I've checked for boost leaks and didn't find anything. The car is barely able to hold idle at this point.
When was the last time the plugs were checked? Compression check? Fuel pressures*?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
When was the last time the plugs were checked? Compression check? Fuel pressures*?

I swear you never sleep 😂 brand new plugs(less than five. Miles) , coil packs, compression was consistent across all cylinders I think like 148 psi cold across all cylinders same as before I put the big turbo in. New Injectors and New high pressure pump. I know it's a sensor issue. Could it be the boost control solenoid?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check the wiring at the boost solenoid for nicks or rub through on the wire insulation* you will need to lift the FiST to do a good thorough inspection*

OP
R
Thread Starter #6
Check the wiring at the boost solenoid for nicks or rub through on the wire insulation* you will need to lift the FiST to do a good thorough inspection*

No dice, I even replaced the boost control solenoid. My barometric sensor is reading 4v at idle is this normal, if not what could cause this?

Last edited:
OP
R
Thread Starter #7
Lmao I spent 500 at a shop for them to basically just unhook my fuel controller... It was the wire to power the fuel controller split second had come loose and was drawing power from the map sensor

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lmao I spent 500 at a shop for them to basically just unhook my fuel controller... It was the wire to power the fuel controller split second had come loose and was drawing power from the map sensor
Fuel controller? Do you run Aux fuel?