Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P219a Code - 2019 Fiesta ST - 24k Miles

Mods List :
ITG Maxogen Intake (w/ ITG crossover)
v1 whoosh FMIC
NGK 1 step colder spark plugs 0.026” gap
CPE- Nexus Catback exhaust

evap changeover to 2015 set up for my car

Whoosh Downpipe (bung inserted in downstream O2 and tuned out the code for emissions)

Cobb Accessport - Stage 2 Dizzy Tune 93 Oct

Rest are suspension related.

I have had this code now for a few months and it is extremely annoying to see. Very rarely my AFR will dip from 13.5 to 15.8 and it will jump around in that region while I am on cruise control on the highway.

I have already replaced my upstream O2 sensor and I have a catted downpipe coming in that is ceramic coated. My current downpipe is not coated and gets hot as all hell. I wonder if it is the ambient heat causing the issue,

Last edited:

Sam4

What's the code signify? (non-Cobb user, *skoff*skoff*looooser), which means I can't read in code....
I'll take a stab and assume its related to mods - lean? The ITG sucks in hot air, downpipe w/o O2 sensor, tuned out codes. Be CAREFUL - Ford will drop you from warranty for replacing the flipping shift knob.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
What's the code signify? (non-Cobb user, *skoff*skoff*looooser), which means I can't read in code....
I'll take a stab and assume its related to mods - lean? The ITG sucks in hot air, downpipe w/o O2 sensor, tuned out codes. Be CAREFUL - Ford will drop you from warranty for replacing the flipping shift knob.
AFR imbalance. Certainly going lean at 15.8. I'm certainly not an expert but I think our car regulates AFR based on the airflow through the MAF. So either you're getting unmetered air entering after the MAF (highly unlikely) or you're not getting the amount of fuel requested.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
https://www.obd-codes.com/p219a

Causes for this code may include: Engine vacuum leak (large) Defective oxygen sensor/s Burnt, chafed, broken, or disconnected wiring and/or connectors Engine exhaust leaks A faulty mass air flow or manifold air pressure sensor Bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p219a
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

AFR imbalance. Certainly going lean at 15.8. I'm certainly not an expert but I think our car regulates AFR based on the airflow through the MAF. So either you're getting unmetered air entering after the MAF (highly unlikely) or you're not getting the amount of fuel requested.
I was under the impression that the only sensor used on the MAF is the temp sensor. Isn't our car running of the MAP sensor? And that's the reason we can have vent to atmosphere BOV without shifting AFR issues unlike the MAF driven cars like Subarus.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I was under the impression that the only sensor used on the MAF is the temp sensor. Isn't our car running of the MAP sensor. And that's the reason we can have vent to atmosphere BOV without shifting AFR issues unlike the MAF driven cars like Subarus.
You right, I meant MAP. Type the wrong acronym before I have my 2nd cup of coffee

Sam4

OP
casualsmith1010
Thread Starter #9
Update : I updated the mods list, forgot to include I have a v1 whoosh fmic and ngk spark plugs gapped at 0.026”.

this code didn’t appear until I installed the catless downpipe.

I no longer have warranty for the car but it isn’t my primary car. Have always been a saver so I am finally spending some of my nest egg on a vehicle and platform I absolutely love.

the afr issue is the only thing I can see so far but the cars runs pretty darn well. I have read other forums and posts even for focus st’s and their problem never truly has been answered after replacing what seems to be half the engine bay haha I have ordered a catted downpipe that is ceramic coated. I want to get the catless out of there as soon as possible. (Catless isn’t illegal where I am from either.)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have cleared out the code. Sometimes it would come back after a day, other times it comes back almost instantly
Does your tuner know about the Issue? If so what have they done to remedy it....if anything at all. What spacer are you running with the Elbow for the Downstream o2?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sam4

Update : I updated the mods list, forgot to include I have a v1 whoosh fmic and ngk spark plugs gapped at 0.026”.

this code didn’t appear until I installed the catless downpipe.

I no longer have warranty for the car but it isn’t my primary car. Have always been a saver so I am finally spending some of my nest egg on a vehicle and platform I absolutely love.

the afr issue is the only thing I can see so far but the cars runs pretty darn well. I have read other forums and posts even for focus st’s and their problem never truly has been answered after replacing what seems to be half the engine bay haha I have ordered a catted downpipe that is ceramic coated. I want to get the catless out of there as soon as possible. (Catless isn’t illegal where I am from either.)
Oh! Sorta my path too! I've got the woosh-catted, but no chance to do anything more yet. My shop-of-choice has not installed it.. twice! (long story/close friend) "It's working fine" shitty flex pipe, "There's the noise" burnt off O2 wire stand offs and shitty cat bracket bolts......never mind Tony, I'll snap the header bolts off in my driveway instead (BEFORE I order replacements from Ron)

OP
casualsmith1010
Thread Starter #13
Does your tuner know about the Issue? If so what have they done to remedy it....if anything at all. What spacer are you running with the Elbow for the Downstream o2?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
My apologies for the late reply! My job has been working me like a hog lately.

I did tell my tuner about it and he told me to check for any intake or exhaust leaks. Which I did and could not find any at all. I did a smoke test on both but this was over a month ago.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
NO! They will not cover your shift knob that's all......Ford will not by Fed law "drop" your warranty unless you are racing the car. Old wives tale, LOL. Look up the Moss-Magnuson Act to learn what a maker can and can't do with your warranty. All they can do is deny coverage for third party parts or damages caused by the third party parts. The rest of the car is fully covered.