Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pads and fluid

hey guys i need ne brakes. wanna up grade with some pads for better more responsive stopping and fluid because i think i helps with better cooling?

Cooling what?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
He means better fluid that will take longer to boil and foam, keeping the brakes effective for longer. But honestly the rotors are so small, its much more effective to get brake cooling ducts or these boomba brake cooling deflectors.
Fluid is good too, but these are better bang for buck.

https://www.boombaracing.com/2014-fiesta-st-brake-cooling-deflector/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
He means better fluid that will take longer to boil and foam, keeping the brakes effective for longer. But honestly the rotors are so small, its much more effective to get brake cooling ducts or these boomba brake cooling deflectors.
Fluid is good too, but these are better bang for buck.

https://www.boombaracing.com/2014-fiesta-st-brake-cooling-deflector/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Shameless plug - I have a set of these in the garage that I'm not going to use. Will sell for a good price, anyone interested just PM me.

I love the OEM sport pads + Motul RBF 600 fluid. Perfect combo for canyon carving and autocrosses. I would get a more track focused pad if you're going to track though.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
These are awesome I’m totally gonna buy these instead of fluid. And yeah thank you that is what I meant. By cooling. But from everything I’m hearing people seem to really like the OEM pads is there much benefit to these red stuff EBC pads I see. I don’t mind the dust

ronmcdon

depends what you're using it for. I think the stock pads are pretty good and never had issues overheating the stock brakes on canyon runs. track driving I liked the combination of ss brake lines, ebc orange front, yellow rear, endless brake fluid. don't remember if I had the booba deflectors installed or not. Honestly I don't know what people are complaining about the orange being noisy maybe I didn't bed the brakes correctly.

the endless (or castrol srf) fluid is probably unnecessary, but motul 600 would be pretty solid. I love the hawk hp plus pads on my evo but for the life of me could not find those pads for the fiesta.

These are awesome I’m totally gonna buy these instead of fluid. And yeah thank you that is what I meant. By cooling. But from everything I’m hearing people seem to really like the OEM pads is there much benefit to these red stuff EBC pads I see. I don’t mind the dust
Is there any advice we can offer??