Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Panda or Freektune Pro-tune?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Finally fully bolted-on! From your experience, do you guys recommend Panda or Freektune for the pro-tune?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I don't think I've seen any one compare the two directly by running both tunes, but both are solid pro-tuners and I think any difference would be relatively negligible. I went with FreekTune for my FiST and will be having them do my FoST as well. Imho, these are the top two tuners available for the FiST/FoST currently.

I don't think I've seen any one compare the two directly by running both tunes, but both are solid pro-tuners and I think any difference would be relatively negligible. I went with FreekTune for my FiST and will be having them do my FoST as well. Imho, these are the top two tuners available for the FiST/FoST currently.
What he said. I don't think anybody has bothered to spend the money to compare the two because you can't go wrong. Also this question can cause some hilarious issues on some FB pages.

On that note, go with Justin [rockon]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have no experience with FT but I can tell you that Matt at Panda is one standup guy that will go out of his way to take care of you...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
To second Ricks statement regarding Matt and Panda, Matt is skilled, and reasonably personable vs a deadpan business only type. He's the kind of guy you want to say Merry Christmas to.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Panda/matt is a good dude, really good to work with, even if your not running a Panda Tune :)

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Panda/matt is a good dude, really good to work with, even if your not running a Panda Tune :)
That's good to hear good things about Panda. Might have to give Matt a call again about a pro tune, I was a little bummed he never got back to me on the TR6 IC availability so Levels got my business :(

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I wouldn't let that deter you. Chris or Phil would have been a better option to ask about sales. From working with Matt I feel pretty confident in saying he has his nose down in tuning.

felopr

you cant really go wrong with any of the 2, or even with pro tune from cobb or asking randy@mountune for a tune, they all know there stuff

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I've personally never used Panda/ Matt for a tune so I can't speak about that. I use Freektune/ Justin. His customer service has been great and the tune feels great and makes good power. He has spent a good deal of time dialing mine in as my car hasn't been the easiest to tune.

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Update time! I decided to go with Panda. Working with Matt has been fantastic, he is very responsive and knowledgeable and really goes out of his way to make help you prep for logging. I had a diverter valve cycling issue in 2nd/3rd gear on the base map, Matt worked with me for about 3 hours logging and re-maping, and testing at like 11PM at night last Monday! I am on revision 2 of my tune and it feels so so good! I can't wait till it's done and getting back on the same dyno I did my Stage 1 OTS pullson so I can get some real apples to apples comparisons. If you are looking for a pro-tune, I can recommend Panda/Matt.

Update time! I decided to go with Panda. Working with Matt has been fantastic, he is very responsive and knowledgeable and really goes out of his way to make help you prep for logging. I had a diverter valve cycling issue in 2nd/3rd gear on the base map, Matt worked with me for about 3 hours logging and re-maping, and testing at like 11PM at night last Monday! I am on revision 2 of my tune and it feels so so good! I can't wait till it's done and getting back on the same dyno I did my Stage 1 OTS pullson so I can get some real apples to apples comparisons. If you are looking for a pro-tune, I can recommend Panda/Matt.
How much is the Panda Pro tune? I got almost all bolt ons minus the intercooler. im curious I want a good safe tune.

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
How much is the Panda Pro tune? I got almost all bolt ons minus the intercooler. im curious I want a good safe tune.
$125, I recommend to get the most out of your pro tune to have the intercooler, it makes a huge difference in efficiency and consistent power delivery. You do not realize how crap our stock cooler is until it's replaced with an aftermarket one!

I am so close to pulling the trigger on the AP and I figure I might as well get a tune instead of just using an OTS.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Wish their were more pro Tuners who used SCT.
I'm actually surprised that thre isn't more tuners who use it for the FiST and FoST. With the Mustang SCT is all the rage. Tony, here at Tuners Inc, uses it on his FoST and that's what he prefers.

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
I don't doubt the SCT is solid, but the AP has nice added features like easy gauges, datalogging, code reading and it looks cool! The SCT no offense looks like a OBD reader LOL

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I don't doubt the SCT is solid, but the AP has nice added features like easy gauges, datalogging, code reading and it looks cool! The SCT no offense looks like a OBD reader LOL
It depends on the SCT device. The SCT trinity is actually pretty neat. I agree though, the AP is nicely featured and has great end user support and tuner ability.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
The new SCT X4 Power Flash is light years away from the older model. I too wish there were more SCT tuners for our cars.