Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pax door does not shut -- latch mechanism appears to be malfunctioning

Anyone have this issue? The black plastic covered latch in the front passenger door does not "click" into a latched position, so the door just bounces back. Functions properly with the slot open and ready to receive the B pillar loop rod fisture or whatever it's called, but springs back rater than latching. Looks like a plastic POS but the way. Any experince with this or easy fixes? Thx.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Yep, first time for me to take a car to the dealer for service in probably... never that I recollect. The recall is for replacing all four latches, did have to go back a second dime as the keyless access no longer worked on the passenger side after it was completed, and... then it was fixed. Thank you Sir! Your advice was spot on!

Yes, there is a recall on it. I am the original owner and got a letter. They don’t have parts for everybody but I think it would be logical if they remedied those with an immediate need. Check with your local dealer.

PhoenixM3

Anyone have this issue? The black plastic covered latch in the front passenger door does not "click" into a latched position, so the door just bounces back. Functions properly with the slot open and ready to receive the B pillar loop rod fisture or whatever it's called, but springs back rater than latching. Looks like a plastic POS but the way. Any experince with this or easy fixes? Thx.
I just received this recall for my daughter’s 2012 Fiesta SES, but don’t know if its the same mechanism. The Safety recall number is: 20S30. You can try the website fordlatchrecall.com and see if that helps.

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
I just received this recall for my daughter’s 2012 Fiesta SES, but don’t know if its the same mechanism. The Safety recall number is: 20S30. You can try the website fordlatchrecall.com and see if that helps.
Thanks... Recall was performed as indicated above, they had to do all doors, issue fixed, although dealer did disconnect the door lock button on the handle and had to return for that, and also broke the trim button inside the interior door handle escutcheon. Recall did not apply to the 2018 car.

Ford Community Posts