Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PCV System and Catch Cans!

Trader history for Alex@Stratified (0)

What is you opinions on the current offerings for the Fiesta ST, namely to do with this comment:

C. The most common location people install them is on the manifold to crankcase connection. This connection is not flowing any gases while the car is under boost. Remember there are 2 PCV systems.
We have two areas we can install catch cans, on the "CCV" side and on the "PCV" side. IIRC only Boomba Racing makes a CCV catch can (and PCV side), everyone else has it on the "PCV" side (Mishimoto, Boomba Racing, Damond Motorsports, James Barone, etc. Can you opine on the location of these catch cans with regards to the what is mentioned above from the article? Thanks.

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #4
What is you opinions on the current offerings for the Fiesta ST, namely to do with this comment:

We have two areas we can install catch cans, on the "CCV" side and on the "PCV" side. IIRC only Boomba Racing makes a CCV catch can (and PCV side), everyone else has it on the "PCV" side (Mishimoto, Boomba Racing, Damond Motorsports, James Barone, etc. Can you opine on the location of these catch cans with regards to the what is mentioned above from the article? Thanks.
I think the article covers this quite well. If I were to summarize it, I would say an in-line catch can increases the filtration of oil form the blowby gases above what the OEM system already does. It will not eliminate them fully.

KKaWing

My valve breather hose is bone dry... Like the one that connects to the intake just after the accordion tube. I think most FiSTs are the same.